Into the Groovy #32 - "Strawberry Wine"

Denver, Colorado
Led by guitarist Kevin Shields and fronted by vocalist Bilinda Butcher, My Bloody Valentine is one of the best, if not the best outright, shoegazer band's going. The UK hit (#13) "Strawberry Wine," an exercise in jangle-pop, was first released as a single prior to it's inclusion on both 1987's Strawberry Wine EP and 1989's Ecstasy and Wine compilation album. Shields' jangling guitar is great, and Butcher's vocal harmony is top notch - Shields more than holds his own singing along with Butcher's always sweet, sweet vocals. It may not entirely be a shoegazer tune, but it's still my favorite My Bloody Valentine song.
A fantastic early MBV song, which i thought is just got to be heard by everyone! Has a nice 60s jangly feel to it! Its from the Ecstasy and Wine LP which can...
@Ronrybs (7938)
• London, England
I vaguly remember this one, didn't do a lot for me!
• Denver, Colorado
I love Shoegazer band's, even when they are doing stuff like this.
You've stumped me here. Don't know this band or song. Never heard the term "jangle pop."
• Denver, Colorado
They refer to it as "dream pop," but this one isn't really dreamy, but sure is jangly. Either I read it somewhere and it stuck, or I just made it up a long time ago and forgot about doing so.
@norcal (3213)
• Nevada City, California
I had never heard of a "shoegazer band." I like the song though, has kind of a 60s vibe.
• Denver, Colorado
Shoegazer bands are the ones that stare at their shoes the entire time, and use a lot of drone, but also play dream-pop. I love the stuff.