How, to, make, a, tag

Tags can be handy critters to find discussions based on the same subjects. But I've often seen tags that are a long string of words because people didn't put commas in between the words of the tag. So instead of five tags for 'website', 'myLot', 'writing', 'easy', and 'bacon' you get one tag that reads 'website myLot easy writing bacon' which makes no sense to use as a tag search. That will likely be the only discussion there is with that one tag, and it (the discussion) won't show in a search unless you use that exact same set of words. But if you use commas, that discussion can be found categorized using any of the five words. I've had some users say "I thought it would separate the words when I post it". It won't...which is why it says to Enter up to 5 tags separated by commas. Those commas are an important part of your tag. Just thought I'd pass it along...
• Merced, California
Thank you sir lol
Just one of the great valued services I provide...free of charge, I might add
• Merced, California
@JolietJake Im in school again lol
@vandana7 (66816)
@davidalicea100 .. Do I get to punish you then?
@cupkitties (7372)
Obviously I'm not much of a tag person, but good info. I'm compiling all the useful myLot related posts. Gonna add this one.
@JolietJake Nice! Thanks :)
@gudheart (12743)
Ohhh so have I been doing it right? Do I need to put quote marks on them?
No, the quote marks are not needed
@gudheart (12743)
@JolietJake Great cheers :D
Although I was aware of this, I have noticed that a lot of other members were not.
I see jumbled tags quite often, really.
Good tip for those who don't understand. I try to always add 5 relevant tags to my posts. I'm not sure how much they help, but why not try?
@destimona (1919)
• Luxembourg, Luxembourg
Interesting information.
Seriously, its not that hard. My phone's keyboard completely covers the tag area, and I can still do it.
Thank you kind soul! This helped a lot for reminding those who already knew but always forget to and the ignorant ones as well.
I have noticed that as well. Definitely is not searchable. I think its also important to make note of what is a good tag. Ie "I hate my job" versus work,job,career or whatever. I see some really random tags.
@karjatwala (1132)
• Pune, India
myLotters should know that tags are the threads by which one can search the discussion or respond for the same.
I sometimes forget to add those