Are you good in math?

Math was something I was good in only on a high school level. I left school knowing a lot about math. Over the years as I forgot a lot I know nothing about math. The math that is being taught now looks like a foreign language to me. I don't know how anyone will manage if they don't know it. I want to learn some of it just in case I will need it. The problem is it's starts hard even from the beginning. Are you able to do the current days math?
@Mike197602 (13474)
• Worcester, England
I wasn't good at maths in school as I couldn't see the point of it. I'd always planned to go into the army so couldn't see why I needed to learn quadratic equations and such. Now I still can't see the point of them but I'm good at the basics that you need to live...such as percentages and adding, dividing and subtracting.
For everyday life's the basics is good enough
That is good I would love to learn more.
• Marion, Kansas
Much of the higher level math is really not needed for the average person.
Math was my worst subject but I still passed with a B throughout the years. Id be proud if I got an A!
That was great as math is very hard for some.
@Mike197602 (13474)
• Worcester, England
some people would need to be fairly good at maths to work out discounts when they go shopping
@Mike197602 (13474)
• Worcester, England
PS...another UK/US difference is you say math and we say maths
• Marion, Kansas
They come up with all kinds of ways just to teach the same old thing. If you can add and subtract for your bank accounts and measure fractions for baking or making stuff you probably know all the math you will ever need unless you just enjoy it.
That is about it for sure.
Oh I was always awful at math. I actually almost didn't graduate high school because of math. The teacher passed me because I was going to her every single day and staying after school with her 3 hours a day just to try to understand it. She saw I was trying my hardest and I just don't grasp it so she passed me-thank God!
I know the old math system, not the new one.
That is very good.
• Calgary, Alberta
If I was good in Math I would have pursued being an astronaut of a video game programmer. Sadly my aspergers and add gave me dyscalcula.
@Marcyaz (36125)
I think today I would have to take a refresher course because a lot of the math I don't use.
@rina110383 (21957)
It was my favorite subject when I was still a student and get to apply its basic concepts in my daily living.
Math is something I never liked, I have always passed through the years, but never liked
@KristenH (19809)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
I'm terrible in math. I had a terrible time passing it in college and needed a tutor to help me with my studies. I can do basic math and that's about it--nothing higher than that.
The math they are teaching now is supposed to be so that way people can figure it out in many different ways since everyone learns and processes things differently. I seriously think most of it was just easier the way we were taught we I was young. My kids do wonderful in math no matter what so I am very thankful for that. I however was terrible at math.