Daily Bible Study

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Day 32 Psalm 32 Psalm 32:1 < Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. 2 Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputes not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile. 3 When I kept silence, my bones waxed old through my roaring all the day long. 4 For day and night thy hand was heavy upon me: my moisture is turned into the drought of summer. Selah. 5 I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; and thou forgave the iniquity of my sin. Selah. 6 For this shall every one that is godly pray unto thee in a time when thou may be found: surely in the floods of great waters they shall not come nigh unto him. 7 Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah. 8 I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye. 9 Be ye not as the horse, or as the mule, which have no understanding: whose mouth must be held in with bit and bridle, lest they come near unto thee. 10 Many sorrows shall be to the wicked: but he that trusts in the LORD, mercy shall compass him about. 11 Be glad in the LORD, and rejoice, ye righteous: and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart. What do you do when you sin against God? Do you run and hide as Adam and Eve did in the Garden of Eden? Do you think God will not notice your sin? Genesis 3:8 And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden. 9 And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou? 10 And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself. 11 And he said, Who told thee that you were naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou should not eat? The fact is we all sin. All of us. Scripture says there is none righteous, no not one. Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: 11 There is none that understands, there is none that seeks after God. We are all sinners saved by God’s grace alone. Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. (KJV) So then, since we all sin, we must confess our sin in order to be made right before God once again. 1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (KJV) Until we confess our sin, we have a heavy weight of guilt on our conscience. David felt that heavy weight of sin on his conscience. He did not confess his sin with Bathsheba until Nathan told him he could not hide anything from God. Confession frees us. There is instant forgiveness, instant healing, and stress is instantly released from our lives. We are not meant to carry the heavy weight of sin on our lives. Jesus took our sin on his body on the cross so we would not need to bear it. 1 Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. (KJV) They say confession is good for the soul. It is, and the proof is the freedom we feel every time we confess our sins to God. Then we can do as David did – shout for joy and be glad in the Lord. Let’s pray: Father, thank you for providing the freedom of confession so I might feel the assurance of your forgiveness when I sin against you. Help me to confess my sin immediately so I do not bear a needless weight on my life. In Jesus’ name, I pray, amen. Copyright © 20 April 2016 by Valerie Jean Routhieaux Image courtesy of Pixabay
@Drosophila (16711)
It is good to be able to draw a line underneath it all and move on
Yes it is.
@carebear29 (28586)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
Amen. Also, nice new profile picture.
Thanks.