Have You Ever Experienced Jactitation?

Preston, England
I have experienced Jactitation many times though I only just discovered there is even a word for it and no, Jactitation is nothing rude. It is the involuntary spasm when you are asleep and your leg suddenly inexplicably buckles and your mind convinces you in a dream-like way that you have just tripped up or missed the edge of a step / stair. It is a very mysterious and disconcerting experience, that seems to be the body resisting going to sleep and it can wake you up when you were otherwise very relaxed. Have you experienced it much? I seem to get it about every two months. Arthur Chappell
@WorDazza (10091)
• Manchester, England
I've been on the wrong end of Mrs WorDazza's jactitation on many an occasion. I had no idea that's what it was called. I've now re-christened her 'the nocturnal jactitator'.
@topffer (36133)
• Hamburg, Germany
Is it this that is called "jactitation of marriage"?
@Drosophila (16699)
Elbow in the eye! Try that one
yes I have indeed experieced it even tthough I did no know there was a name for it woke me ou tof a sound sleep too it did.
If I am so exhausted for the day and sleep soundly at night, I experienced this too. It was sudden jerking movement of my limbs and woke me up a couple of times.
@Hate2Iron (8021)
I was going to say yes until I read further. I have experienced many times when my leg has jumped for no reason, but that is not how you described the experience. For the tripping part... no, I don't think so!!
I get it once in awhile, but I had no idea that there is a name for it. Now I've learned something interesting today.
I have experienced this but I too did not know there was a name for it. It is an annoying experience to be jerked awake like that.
wow!never heard of this.No I have not experience this.That I know of.Interesting there.Thank you for sharing
@rina110383 (24070)
Luckily, I haven't experienced it.
i don't think that I experienced jactitation
I have thought I was falling and woken up trying to catch myself.
• Preston, England
that is jactitation @Jessicalynnt
I have had this from time to time. I usually dream that I'm tripping going down stairs or on a rough chair.
It's rare but I've been jerked awake before. Mostly it feels like I'm going to fall.
@AnneEJ (4979)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
Not sure if that is what makes you dream that you are falling, and you wake up. I never heard the word for it before.
@Telynor (1325)
I used to have it happen all the time. I do try to have a large glass of water at bedtime to keep myself hydrated, which helps. I would mention it to your doctor, it could be hiding something more serious.
@nomus24g (24940)
Ohh...that's a learning, I mean a new word added in the knowledge bank - I do face such kind of spasm at times, but very infrequent.
@mammots (3271)
Oh so that is how its called. I have experienced jactitation several times but i cant count how often.
@karjatwala (1130)
• Pune, India
Yes, I do experience such involuntary spasms, once in a while, but not able to pin point how often it happens.
Yes i have had, several times.