Yikes!

@ElicBxn (60179)
WAY back in 2008 I posted a discussion about a cat I used to have, Jellibaby. You can read this here: http://www.mylot.com/post/1691772/the-great-fly-chase Well, today I was in my front room and there was this giant horse fly, as we always called them, buzzing around my front room. Ick! This time I was lucky, and it landed on the front screen door. I opened the door and let the beast out. I can do this because we've put a door on the front room that keeps most of the brats out of it, including that bad escape artist, Booboo. However, that got me wondering - what is that beast really? So, of course I had to go look it up. http://bugguide.net/node/view/17584 It is a scary beastie, I'm glad it isn't in the house anymore!
I would hope it does not fly back in. They can be a real problem.
@ElicBxn (60179)
something has to attract them unless they just bumble in and I think that's what it did.
@Marcyaz (36014)
I'm also glad you got rid of that scary beastie.
@ElicBxn (60179)
I'm glad I could just let it out!
@Marcyaz (36014)
@ElicBxn Made you feel better I believe.
@ElicBxn (60179)
@Marcyaz well, if you read the other discussion, you would understand why I don't like to kill them...
I also hate bugs roaming around my house. It would be nice to keep our house secured from this kind of insects. Cheers!
@ElicBxn (60179)
I don't really like bugs, but I do like the fresh air - while we can get it. So much of Texas weather is either too hot or too cold to have the doors open. And until 2 years ago I couldn't open the doors because there weren't any screens on them.