I saw the saleslady was electrocuted

@ida123 (6230)
Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
April 22, 2016 12:04am CST
I called my eldest sister that I can't come to my parents house today because I have lots of errand to do especially in my store. It was 9:30 A.M. when we went to a mall of our city to buy some stocks of my store. When I almost finished buying the items, I saw a pregnant saleslady who is walking inside the mall and in few seconds, I just saw her lying in the floor trembling and one of her co workers shouted, please help, my friend was electrocuted. The male worker helped her but to no avail because he almost fainted and electrocuted, so he stop pulling the hair of the saleslady. The other workers just unplugged the electricity so that they can pull the saleslady and send her to the nearest hospital but she was diagnosed DOA. The saleslady was 5 months pregnant. I felt so sad about this pregnant saleslady who died in her workplace, I hope her beneficiaries can get some benefits from her employer and hope she may rest in peace.
11 people like this
15 responses
@louievill (20390)
• Philippines
22 Apr 16
Somebody has to be made liable for negligence
4 people like this
• Philippines
22 Apr 16
they will probably blame the contractors?
3 people like this
@louievill (20390)
• Philippines
22 Apr 16
@hereandthere most likely
1 person likes this
@ida123 (6230)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
22 Apr 16
@louievill, the management is accountable for this accident because they are not prepared of this kind of accident and maybe this is because of low morale of employees, they were not given good benefits so the employees are not doing their job.
1 person likes this
@Yar_Joey (3295)
• Philippines
22 Apr 16
Poor pregnant woman. I hope the owners will be held liable for what happened to the saleslady. If there is a connection that is bare, or when it touched the water, there should be a short circuit, correct? Maybe she held a live wire that is why she was electrocuted.
3 people like this
@ida123 (6230)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
22 Apr 16
They said, it was a live wire that was attached near the cashier's table and she held it accidentally.
3 people like this
@Yar_Joey (3295)
• Philippines
22 Apr 16
@ida123 Since the employees know about the live wire, then they should be liable for that accident. I hope she will be given due compensation
1 person likes this
@ida123 (6230)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
22 Apr 16
@Yar_Joey I hope the beneficiaries will receive benefits.
1 person likes this
@sharon6345 (148121)
• United States
22 Apr 16
They should sue the pants off that mall for sure. no one should have to worry about that in public.
3 people like this
@ida123 (6230)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
22 Apr 16
As far as I know, there's an electric live wire that she kicked while she walked in the mall and that's the reason she was electrocuted.
1 person likes this
• Philippines
22 Apr 16
@ida123 the live wire should have been protected by those who know that it is a live wire.
3 people like this
@ida123 (6230)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
22 Apr 16
@hereandthere That is the proper way but I really don't know why they leave that live wire uncovered.
1 person likes this
@hereandthere (33424)
• Philippines
22 Apr 16
i don't think we should touch someone directly, even if that's our instinct, because as you witnessed, the current transferred to the person who pulled her hair.
3 people like this
@ida123 (6230)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
22 Apr 16
That is true, his male co worker who pulled her hair was almost electrocuted.
1 person likes this
@JudyEv (142272)
• Bunbury, Australia
22 Apr 16
That is terribly sad. That is two lives lost. How awful.
2 people like this
@ida123 (6230)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
22 Apr 16
We really can't tell how we end our life, just imagine, I just see her walking around the mall and in few seconds I saw her lying on the floor, trembling because she was electrocuted. Very sad ending.
1 person likes this
@akalinus (23009)
• United States
23 Apr 16
@ida123 How awful for you to see this happen. It is very sad indeed. This will probably affect you forever.
2 people like this
@ida123 (6230)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
23 Apr 16
@akalinus , Yes, it is very awful to see of what had happened to the saleslady and this is the second time that I saw persons that was electrocuted, the first time was a student where he took a bath under the rain and the wire was hit by a thunder so it drops and hit to the student's body.
1 person likes this
@MGjhaud (20861)
• Philippines
22 Apr 16
thats very unfortunate. im sure the mall owners will pay for it. may she rest in peace with the baby.
2 people like this
@MGjhaud (20861)
• Philippines
22 Apr 16
did she touch something? or something came out of place and it touched her?
2 people like this
@ida123 (6230)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
23 Apr 16
@MGjhaud , I think her feet touch the live wires in the floor which was only covered with packing tapes.
1 person likes this
@MGjhaud (20861)
• Philippines
24 Apr 16
oh my thats pure negligence..
1 person likes this
@karjatwala (1130)
• Pune, India
22 Apr 16
Real sad and bad. It is a total failure on the part of the mall and those in charge of maintaining the mall.
2 people like this
@ida123 (6230)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
23 Apr 16
@karjatwala, that is true, it's the management fault because they're not inspecting those things and leave it undone.
2 people like this
• Pune, India
23 Apr 16
@ida123 The management should be sued and the sales lady compensated for a large sum.
@LdeL0318 (6435)
• Philippines
22 Apr 16
That's a very sad news. I can't beleive that in just a snap of a finger, someone could die. I hope themanahement will pay for it. Why is there a live wire inside the mall? Where aretheir maintainance? They must be liable for this.
2 people like this
@ida123 (6230)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
22 Apr 16
This news is already around our city and the management was condemned of their negligence. I think, they are the ones who are accountable for this accident.
2 people like this
@LdeL0318 (6435)
• Philippines
22 Apr 16
@ida123 Yes they are the ones responsible for it.
1 person likes this
@Bennkz03 (189)
• Zimbabwe
22 Apr 16
Shame poor lady
2 people like this
@Bennkz03 (189)
• Zimbabwe
22 Apr 16
@ida123 very painful, its so sad
1 person likes this
@destimona (1914)
• Luxembourg, Luxembourg
22 Apr 16
That's is sad.
2 people like this
@skysnap (18254)
22 Apr 16
That is sad. It is often not good for the pregnant women to work. But the economy and personal financial condition make people go through all of this.
2 people like this
@ida123 (6230)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
22 Apr 16
That is true, because of our poor economy and financial condition makes people work to sustain everyday's financial needs.
1 person likes this
@SIMPLYD (86588)
• Philippines
26 Apr 16
How come she was electrocuted ?
1 person likes this
@ida123 (6230)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
26 Apr 16
She's not using her shoes because she has a sweaty feet and she landed the live wire with packing tapes and it happens the packing tape was open.
1 person likes this
@SIMPLYD (86588)
• Philippines
26 Apr 16
@ida123 Oh my ! May her soul rest in peace . Sad more , because she is with a baby inside of her .
1 person likes this
@ida123 (6230)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
26 Apr 16
@SIMPLYD Yes, that's is very sad, they were 2 who were electrocuted.
1 person likes this
@akalinus (23009)
• United States
23 Apr 16
That is horrible. I don't understand exactly what happened. How did she get electrocuted?
1 person likes this
@ida123 (6230)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
23 Apr 16
@akalinus, there were wires at the floor but it was covered with big packing tapes and I think the packing tapes she landed was open and she was electrocuted and you can find many wires beside the tellers table.
@akalinus (23009)
• United States
23 Apr 16
@ida123 How sad and how irresponsible of the store.
@gudheart (12740)
25 Apr 16
That so sad :( What a horrible way to go and so shocking.
1 person likes this
@ida123 (6230)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
25 Apr 16
That is true and that mall now was already called as Electrocuted Mall.
1 person likes this
@KnehKnah (3491)
• Philippines
23 Apr 16
This is so sad.
1 person likes this