Daily Bible Study

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Day 34 Psalm 34 Psalm 34:1 < I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. 2 My soul shall make her boast in the LORD: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad. 3 O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together. 4 I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears. 5 They looked unto him, and were lightened: and their faces were not ashamed. 6 This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles. 7 The angel of the LORD encamps round about them that fear him, and delivers them. 8 O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusts in him. 9 O fear the LORD, ye his saints: for there is no want to them that fear him. 10 The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the LORD shall not want any good thing. 11 Come, ye children, hearken unto me: I will teach you the fear of the LORD. 12 What man is he that desires life, and loves many days, that he may see good? 13 Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile. 14 Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it. 15 The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry. 16 The face of the LORD is against them that do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth. 17 The righteous cry, and the LORD hears, and delivers them out of all their troubles. 18 The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saves such as be of a contrite spirit. 19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivers him out of them all. 20 He keeps all his bones: not one of them is broken. 21 Evil shall slay the wicked: and they that hate the righteous shall be desolate. 22 The LORD redeems the soul of his servants: and none of them that trust in him shall be desolate. We all have days when the world looks wonderful. Our hearts are light, and we feel nothing could possibly go wrong. Songs fill our minds and tunes are on our lips. David must have been feeling that way when he wrote this psalm. You can feel the joy resonating from every verse. He felt God was close to him, and praised him for all he did for him. When we praise God, we too will feel close to him and will know the same joy David felt. Not even Satan can come against us when our hearts are tuned to God, and that is joy beyond measure. Let this psalm fill you to overflowing today, and feel the presence of God in your life, and you too will sing God’s praises. They will ever be in your mouth, and in your heart. Let’s pray: Father, fill my mouth with your praise today. Let me know boundless joy in your presence. In Jesus’ name, I pray, amen. Copyright © 22 April 2016 by Valerie Jean Routhieaux Image courtesy of Pixabay
@Inlemay (16640)
• South Africa
"I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears". How profound. Davids writings are a marvel to the world, so God inspired.
Yes they are!
@Drosophila (16774)
this particular line really strike a cord in me. :)
@Drosophila It does in me as well. This whole psalm is awesome, but they all are.
God inspired David and he helped others.
Yes he did.
Yes, praise is the key to bringing us closer to Him.
Yes it is. I always feel close to God when I sing his praises.
@CRK109 (14290)
So beautiful and yes, it is a joy to Praise God on those wonderful days. Even better to Praise God when we're feeling awful and down and out. It forces us to understand that not everything is bad.
Praising God benefits us in so many ways, especially bringing us closer to him and feeling his presence alleviates all those bad situations and gives us hope.