Sick feet on a train.

@xFiacre (10121)
Ireland
A little boy about eight or nine years old vomited quite comprehensively over my bare feet. The train had been rocking us gently for the past few hours on our journey from Delhi and Amritsar. The boy and his family sat on the bench opposite me, swaying and smiling. We had no language in common but they shared their food with me which in itself is a common enough tongue. Gracious people, good people and gentle. All the "g"s. The boy seemed to be quite captivated by me and stared without blinking. I smiled at first but his staring became irritating after a while, especially when there was no response to my attempts to reach him. His parents were of no help in coaxing him to speak, smile or look away. He leaned ever closer to me across the narrow divide until at last he vomited, and judging by his parents' reaction it seemed that perhaps this was an okay thing to do. My feet were suddenly warm in the cold night air, for a few moments anyway. Soon the vomit began to cool down and solidify. The bottoms of my trouser legs were also caked in cooling vomit and the stench began to triumph over the other odours of the train
Oh my goodness, I am glad that I have not just finished my lunch and my dinner is far away. Only reading what happened could have made me as sick as the boy.
That's about how I felt, Anna!
@JudyEv I think that we are not the only two.
Well, that was one train ride that would be hard to forget! Ewwwww!
@xFiacre (10121)
@Corbin5 But this is what travel is all about - adventure and surprise!
@xFiacre I had many experience with throw-up when I taught. Kids just don't see it coming and there they blow! Still ewwwwwwwwww! I do like being retired.
@xFiacre (10121)
@Corbin5 I used to work on an emergency room on front desk and got vomited upon a lotvmore than any doctor .
Yuk. Thanks very much for sharing that - not!
@xFiacre (10121)
@judyev You're welcome. I also had a man vomit down my back on a bus in India. We were so tightly packed in that I couldn't even turn round to punch him and we were just 2 hours into a 16 hour journey.
@xFiacre I didn't need to know that either!!
@kevin1877uk (35736)
Oh wow, remain me never to take that train ride.