PPI companies should be banned

@kevin1877uk (36976)
PPI companies should be banned PPI, Payment, Protection, Insurance. I get a few phoning me and over the last years it seems to have increased. I say NO and take me off your list. But a few weeks later they are phoning again. It’s totally wrong and damn right annoying. I even spoke to my mobile/cell phone company and they can’t do anything about it, so I decided I would do something once and for all. Something they will phone and I will miss the call. Well the other week, about 3 weeks about one company phoned me from Manchester. I was nice and didn’t say anything I shouldn’t Have said however I was close. The guy at the other end of the phone wouldn’t take NO. After a few chose words and said if the company phoned again I will be in Manchester to sort it out myself and will be ringing my solicitor/lawyer to take action against the company. Then he said he would take me off their calling, to which I replied you better do and do it now. Not heard from them since. Okay early days, so looking forward to the next company to be phoning me about PPI. Do you ever get annoying PPI phones, personally they some be banned, they are annoying.
@Asylum (48281)
• Manchester, England
I agree wholeheartedly Kevin. Many people happily took out PPI in the past, but since have made claims for refunds due to companies persuading them to. This proved to be such easy money for these companies that now we have many similar ways being employed. They now try persuading people to claim for accidents, claim against noisy factories and numerous other excuses. As long as these companies approach people as a means of making easy money they will appeal to the greed of the average person, which is ruining the economy of the country.
@kevin1877uk (36976)
Yes, I totally agree with you.Time the government did something about these companies. Personally, I've had enough of them and just can't wait for the next to to phone, it's all out war against them. Ban these kinds of companies from phoning.
@Asylum (48281)
• Manchester, England
@kevin1877uk I have even received text messages on my mobile phone.
@kevin1877uk (36976)
@Asylum Not had that yet.
@kevin1877uk I get all kinds of calls for people begging money. I just don't answer unless it is one of a few numbers i know who is phoning me on caller id I do not have a cell phone but a regular phone and the phone rings all day! I was in bed the last night, and they were calling me in the middle oof the night. I take the phone to bed in case my sister wants to call me! But i do not answer those other calls! And if i do answers a call ii thought ii knew the number i hang up
@kevin1877uk (36976)
They are so annoying and to be honest I've had enough of them phoning and it time something was done about these kinds of companies. I just can't wait for the next company to phone me after I've finished with them, they will never phone me again, and boy if they do I won't hold back.
@kevin1877uk I put my number on a no call for things like people asking money and charities and they still call despite my name being on that list. It seems i can't get rid of callers. MY aunt gets calls she has a package at the Mexican border and has to send money to have it sent to her. A pure scam she even looked up the number on the internet, and it said scam in big letters
@kevin1877uk (36976)
@Marty1 The people phone aren't asking for money.
@gudheart (12752)
Oh my I get them way too often!! I am surprised they are not against the law to bother us or harass us that much.
@kevin1877uk (36976)
I did see a peace in one of the yesterday's newspapers about it all and come 16th May there is a big clamp down on it all. Wished I bought the newspaper now lol
@gudheart (12752)
@kevin1877uk I do hope it happens.
@kevin1877uk (36976)
@gudheart Me too.
I wont answer #s I dont know for the most part.
@kevin1877uk (36976)
I normally don't however, I fed up with companies phoning, which is annoying.
@kevin1877uk yeah I have one number programmed in my cell as "do not answer" they call so much
@kevin1877uk (36976)
@Jessicalynnt Good idea :)
Yes but not as often as you did and they did accept NO as answer.
@kevin1877uk (36976)
Good, glad you are getting less, they are so annoying.
@kevin1877uk Really annoying.
@kevin1877uk (36976)
@toniganzon Totally.
I put myself on a Do Not Call list - it didn't work. They still call. The ones I hate the most are the automated ones. Still I just hang up on all of them.
@kevin1877uk (36976)
I have a do not answer list.
It will be a great success if you have managed to stop them. I wouldn't be holding my breath though.
@kevin1877uk (36976)
True lol, only time will tell.
@miniam (9241)
• Bern, Switzerland
Here they usually call over lunch or in the evenings when you`re just getting home from work, really annoying
@kevin1877uk (36976)
Yeah they do, so annoying indeed
Yes and I say sure hold on and put the phone down till they hang up.
@kevin1877uk (36976)
But they still phone back later doing that, I want to stop them once and for all.
@quantum2020 (9228)
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
I don´t even get phones from my closed ones, since I don´t have a phone right now. In the past, I used to receive phone calls like you; however, this companies may leave alone for a while, but as soon as they realize you have come close to something that is related with insurance, they may start the phone calls again. If you don´t want their calls, see who is calling first and if the caller is them; don´t pick up the phone as if you didn´t exist, soon they will conclude you don´t exist and leave you alone.