Do you know The Secret?

@maxen07 (887)
Greetings everyone! Do you believe that a positive attitude brings positive things into your life? "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne is a popular read and it's been turned into a movie which I had the chance to watch last year. I just downloaded the PDF copy to my mobile phone and I'm also considering watching the film once more. I could use more positive reinforcement especially now. I would like to think that just by changing your mindset and disciplining yourself to do and think more positive thoughts, one can change his or her life around for the better. Back then, I used to think that it's difficult to be positive when bad things keep happening. So why don't we flip it upside down and we continue on to be happy and grateful inspite of these challenges we are facing? It's a habit that I'm going to do from now on. I want to believe that I can get myself out of the rut that I've been in, rebuke all the bad things happening to me and to this household in the name of Jesus Christ and look forward for good things to come.
@rona07 (1662)
Yep, i know the secret. But i am not much sure if i know how to let it work. It attracts what you think so ive beem trying to master it. The possitive outlook in life. Regarding if it works or not, being possitive in everything really makes your life a lot better and brighter. But, some cases it is really hard to be... So im still trying. But do you know this are even questioned? Because it gives a notion to some people that if they just think about anything and wont do something about it, it will still come to them? So there were some issues in this regard. But either way, its your life and how you run it is in your hands with gods grace.
@Gina145 (3974)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@rona07 I think what's important is to realise that we need to combine a positive attitude with positive action.
@rona07 (1662)
@Gina145 exactly...
@akalinus (21396)
Sometimes, I think about something I really need and it just appears, it seems like. There is a difference between need and want though. Sometimes, I get things I want, too. You have to think about positive needs in your life. Thinking about things you don't want is a guaranteed way to make them happen,
@Gina145 (3974)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
I've got a copy of that book lying around somewhere and really need to reread it. I often find it really difficult to be positive and I need to do something about it. I hope it works for you.
@rona07 (1662)
Its an interesting read. And after you read it you feel like youll be so excited to do it and practice and then youll fall back and have to remind yourself again. Oh well thats what i felt. Idk bout you.. Have fun reading
@maxen07 (887)
@rona07 That's exactly how it was for me. I just need to discipline myself, I guess.
@maxen07 (887)
Writing down positive affirmations and saying them out loud helps. You just need to believe those affirmations yourself.
@sol_cee (17435)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
The secret is out I think. But it's easier said than done. Takes a lot of practice.
@rona07 (1662)
Yeeahh it really is hard.. So i have to remind myself.. My thoughts become things...
@LdeL0318 (6435)
I'm familiar with the book because my friend introduced that to me. But I haven't heard of the movie.