It was a good day

@ElicBxn (60869)
So, today I joined a bunch of alumni from one of the high schools I attended. I was the only one from my class. However, it wasn't as if I didn't know anyone there. There were about 10 members of the class before me, the Class of '70. Some of whom I sort of remembered. But those weren't the ones I got excited about. From 1980 until 1984 I worked in the - now - Human Resources office, but then Personnel office. During that time I worked with a couple of people, at a couple of different times. Now, one I had run into over the years at another interest, but the other I really hadn't seen since the mid-1980's. So, you can imagine my joy to run into her! She was surprised I had gone to - what was in her time, St. Mary's Academy, but in my time - Holy Cross High School. (This is in Austin TX and long since closed, class of '74 was the last class.) Most of the announcements were of more interest to the older classes, but one got my attention. The former campus is being rezoned for a hotel and some apartments. Now, I'm far from the only alumni who still lives in Austin (the furthest traveler was a Class of '70 alumnus who traveled from San Paulo Brazil!) The food was tasty, even if I didn't eat a lot, stupid allergies. All in all, I had a very good time. And then we went shopping...
@softbabe44 (5902)
• Vancouver, Washington
Always good when you can go have a good time
@ElicBxn (60869)
Very true. And it was wonderful to see those two people that I have worked with.
• Vancouver, Washington
@ElicBxn That's what makes it really enjoyable
sounds like you had a nice time despite being the only one from your class. Amazing that someone came from as far away as Brazil I'm still fairly local to the school I graduated from but I havent gone to any reunions yet usually I have no sitter or money adn those whom were of interest to me are on facebook and can drop me a message if they really wanted to go out
@ElicBxn (60869)
I've really only stayed in touch with 2 people I went to school with and one of them is my brother!
@Teep11 (7049)
That's nice. It seems as if you had enjoyable time. Some aren't so tgrilled about class reuions. Being to see old classmates is a blessing. Enjoy the upcoming week.