Sunday Morning Sunshine

I woke up this morning earlier than I wanted, to a beautiful Spring day. The sun is shining and the sky is very blue. A definite change from yesterday, that was rainy and gray. I am hoping to catch up on reading some new posts on myLot this afternoon and evening, after I return from my Christian meeting. I may go out to lunch with some friends and family, though we haven’t made any definite plans yet. I’ve been thinking about the flood victims this week in several different areas. I just can’t imagine what they are dealing with right now. I have some friends who live in Texas and I’m hoping that they are safe. The weather patterns are calling for even more rain in those areas, so my prayers go out to all of those who are affected by these floods. Two floods that I experienced: One was in West Virginia about 30 years ago. Our house was not affected but the highway to get to our house was underwater and then here in Virginia, about 20 years ago, we lived out in the country and again our house wasn’t affected but the road to our house was washed away where a creek ran. And then there was a HUGE flood on the James River that was devastating to many homes and families who lived near the river. After the flood waters subsided, we went to look at the area and we could see mud on the limbs of trees, 15 feet high. It was incredible. Have you ever experienced flooding? Picture by Pixabay
No but then we are on a small hill. It's not high but the water goes down the street. It is a nice spring day.
We don't live in a low area either now. But, sometimes the hurricanes that hit the coast of Virginia, drop lots of rain on us and the creeks and rivers flood.
There is never real flooding in LA. Maybe in some streets after a heavy rain but that is very rare.
LA (Los Angeles) I'm guessing you mean and not LA (Louisiana) Because there is often flooding in Louisiana.
@IreneVincent Yes, Los Angeles where it rarely ever rains.
@JohnRoberts Reminds me of that song. "It never rains in California. Man, it pours." I'm thinking you NEED some rain out there, right now. I was reading about how some places in California are pumping water out of the aquifers. That water is not replaceable. And when its gone, it will be gone forever. Then, you will have to watch out for sink holes like they are plagued with in Florida.
I've never been involved in a flood but it must be quite devastating. I can only imagine that cleaning up after would be a terrible chore.
@IreneVincent Things that you cherished would be ruined and/or smelly but it would still be hard to give up such items as no longer 'keepable'.
@Marcyaz (35669)
I have never experience this type of flooding. I have a grandson in Texas and so far he is okay, I also have friends there. My heart goes out to those in the flood regions as it is devastating to have such flooding.
I'm glad your grandson is safe. I also have friends there. I think I will try to contact them.
@Marcyaz (35669)
@IreneVincent Thanks I am glad he is safe also and so are my friends, I hope your friends are okay also.
@Raelove (16813)
• Saco, Maine
Nice and sunny here today, too. I've seen flooded areas close by but never lived through it myself.
Maine gets a lot of snow, I know. We lived in Caribou for 18 months, through two winters.
@Raelove (16813)
• Saco, Maine
@IreneVincent The northern parts, including Caribou, go get a lot more than we do down here. We got hardly anything this past winter, so there's been no flooding. And we are in a mild drought right now, so we desperately need some rain.
@rina110383 (24134)
Yes, my country (Philippines) is often hit by typhoons and a lot of areas get flooded.
Here is a video link that you might enjoy watching about the Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines and the relief work that followed.
Survivors describe what happened when Super Typhoon Haiyan struck. Jehovah’s Witnesses organized in advance and mobilized immediate disaster relief efforts.
@amnabas (10296)
• Karachi, Pakistan
No never experienced... But my prayers are for the flood victims
Pakistan is prone to monsoons, aren't they?
@Macarrosel (7572)
Yeah, I had bad experiences on flooding and it was so irritating and devastating.
The Philippines gets typhoons, I know. I experienced two typhoons when I lived in Okinawa years ago.
@annierose (17755)
I have experienced flooding every year in my country. The houses here are designed for floods. There are too many tall houses and even the vehicles are tall too.
@waflay (2717)
• Nairobi, Kenya
It seems like the rains are being experienced in most other places,like here in my country just yesterday,we had very heavy downpour for the entire night and for the better part of the day.This has been reported to be the case in most parts of the country but I've not heard of any flooding being experienced.