My Pregnant Friend's Good Luck

By Lola
@Lolaze (3075)
A good friend of mine is pregnant and became homeless due to domestic violence – her ex decided to throw her out of a car. She's been staying at an emergency shelter since she ran from him. Its a good place and has taken good care of her, but still, its a shelter. She's had things stolen from her and hasn't had anything but boxed food and canned fruit for seven weeks. Thankfully, I've been able to get her out at least once a week to go to the drop in mental health center we both attend. She got the great news last week that she's been accepted into a long term maternity home! This place specializes in taking in women who have escaped violent situations and she can stay there for up to a year. It is a dream come true for her. She will have her own room and bathroom, plus a chef cooks healthy meals for all the ladies there! I told her its like she's going to a fancy hotel. We are so lucky to have great places like this in the area!!!
That is fantastic that your friend was accepted into such a place. It is wonderful that places like that exist where you live. I wish that more places would have facilities like that for people in need.
@Lolaze (3075)
St. Louis area is wonderful for domestic violence resources and mental health resources, thank God.
@norcal (3217)
• Nevada City, California
Wow, that's a tough situation. Hopefully, having this help will give her a chance to figure out her future plans.
@sgbrown (1646)
I'm glad that she is going to have a good place to stay during her pregnancy.
What a relief for you that your good friend will be well taken care of!
I am so so happy for her! That sounds so much better than a shelter, I hope she will be happy there! =)
@Lolaze (3075)
She is really nevous but I think she will love it once she gets there tomorrow.
Glad that your friend found a decent place to stay for a while.