Potty Training

@miyaford (298)
Nashville, Tennessee
My daughter is 21/2 years old and she is not potty trained yet. I need help because this is getting more expensive because I am buying pampers more frequently first of all. She is growing so she drinks more which also means that she urinates frequently. I cannot afford it, and to all the mothers that know the larger the pamper means the less in the package. Oh Gosh I do not know where to start. She did pee in her musical potty once and was praised as if she was the only kid in the world but after that she ran away from it as if it was the plague . I have included a picture of what her potty looks exactly alike, how could she refuse or run away from something so cute that plays a tune? Is there anyone out her can tell me what to do or a link that I can look up that is helpful./
@carebear29 (28629)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
I know how you feel. My son is 4 and slow in potty training too
@miyaford (298)
• Nashville, Tennessee
Oh wow, I hope i find out the secret soon.
@carebear29 (28629)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
@miyaford right
@Elizaby (3839)
• Pensacola, Florida
It might take getting some cotton trainig pants so when she has an accident instead of the moisture being drawn away like in pampers she will feel it next to the skin and remind her when changing panties that going to the potty will help keep her dry.Also get some of the prety frilly underwear and show and promise her when she start using the potty keeping clean and dry she can start to wear the pretty underwear
@miyaford (298)
• Nashville, Tennessee
I did that I let her pick out her panties. She got Minnie Mouse panties and she still went in them and stood around as if nothing happened.
My daughter was potty trained from the age of two. I did just what my Dr said and it was a blessing. he said,buy two potty's. Keep one in the bathroom at all times. the other move room to room. he said start by removing her out of diapers and buy her big girl undies. give her a snack and sit her on the potty in front of the tv. when she makes potty have her wash it out and return it to the are where she snack at. I set out snacks on the table and she learned to grab one and run to sit on her potty. soon she knew to wash it and return it. she was very happy using it. I had to mop a few times but she learned quick it was uncomfortable to be wet. He also said,to train boys the same way till they can learn to aim. I am buying my godson a potty soon for snack time.
@yukimori (9072)
We've just stuck ours in underwear after a few weeks of getting them used to sitting on the potty at daycare and at home. We dealt with very few accidents, but you need to get the kiddo into a routine of sitting on the potty at specific times--right after waking up, and about every 30-45 minutes seems to work for us. Our current toddler prefers the 'big potty' over the little one we bought for her, so we just let her use that. Really, the trick is to work with what the kid's comfortable with even if it's not the most ideal option.