The Dinosaurs Were A Dying Breed

@MarymargII (10557)
Toronto, Ontario
I just read a little blurb of a news piece that I found interesting. Apparently- yes it's still true that a major comet wiped out the dinosaurs all those millions of years ago- but guess what? They're numbers were already dwindling. Life on earth wasn't sustaining them as it should.- Maybe droughts or whatever but they were already destined for extinction eventually. I was interested because years ago I was given a book on the dinosaurs and how from the sediment and layers in certain rocks scientists knew there was a huge disaster like a comet that killed them. This new evidence is a little surprising.
I know, it seems that the more we find out the less we know!!
@MarymargII (10557)
• Toronto, Ontario
I just found it odd that they only now are wondering why their numbers were dwindling.
I believe that animals become extinct, most of the time, due to lack of food, climate change or bigger predators that kill them.
@MarymargII (10557)
• Toronto, Ontario
They're not sure why but probably for all those reasons!
@MarymargII I agree, look how many animals every year get extinct. It is so sad.
@MarymargII (10557)
• Toronto, Ontario
@LadyDuck I hope it's not us that's doing it - but if it's in God's plan then maybe there's a reason for it.
It's a good thing we aren't living yet during those times of the dinosaurs because they are fierce and scary and could kill people .
@MarymargII (10557)
• Toronto, Ontario
Yes, I think that was the plan- have them live first then us- we wouldn't have gotten far with those things running everywhere- lol!
@MarymargII It would be scary for them to be living .
@MarymargII (10557)
• Toronto, Ontario
@SIMPLYD Right= glad it happened this way-----
@DeborahDiane (23732)
• Laguna Woods, California
I agree that this new evidence is fascinating ... especially since we still have some "dinosaurs" left. They say that crocodiles and alligators are actually two of the few remaining species of dinosaurs.
@MarymargII (10557)
• Toronto, Ontario
I think the big plan from God was to get rid of them before we came along- I always wondered how that worked and some believe they were not around as many millions of years ago as some people think. This brings to mind a quick question, Deborah- Has Derdriu (sp) left the site? I don't see her millions of articles anymore.
Yes, the Dinosaurs had a good run, but it was time for humans and, it is a little surprising.
@MarymargII (10557)
• Toronto, Ontario
It's like someone said----okay enough of this, let's get some humans here---lol!
@JESSY3236 (7295)
I read that headline about that. I think they were probably dwindling because of food shortage.
@MarymargII (10557)
• Toronto, Ontario
So maybe in the overall big picture they were meant to exit so we could enter- ha! Certainly couldn't live too easily with those big boys---LOL!
It's amazing that new things can still be found out about things that happened so long ago.
@MarymargII (10557)
• Toronto, Ontario
Amazing that they only noticed now!
I have always been fascinated by dinosaur extinction. I know climate change had a lot to do with their demise. The comet theory is one I hadn't heard about.
@MarymargII (10557)
• Toronto, Ontario
I think it is now fact that a comet finished them off. Scientists have come to that conclusion.