The anti-Trump conspiracy heats up, Cruz and Kasich join forces …

It appears that over the weekend the camps of Ted Cruz and John Kasich decided to temporarily stop hating each other’s guts and join forces against Donald Trump. Basically, they have concocted a plot to prevent Trump from getting the necessary 1237 delegates outright. If they can't get the necessary delegates themselves, they are shooting for second-best, a contested convention. Apparently, the Republican insiders fear that if Trump wins Indiana, he is well on the way to the 1237 delegates. The plan, as I understand it, is to drop the race to a two-man race for now. Cruz figures he can win Indiana if Kasich backs off. Kasich has apparently agreed. In return, Cruz will back off in Oregon and New Mexico so Kasich can win those two states. Personally, I hope they both lose by a landslide. My guess is that this will backfire on the anti-Trump conspirators and only prove Trump's point all along, that the election process is dirty, corrupt, unfair and rigged against him. It will be interesting to see how the voters respond to all this behind-the-scenes scheming. This is politics at its dirtiest and reminds me of why I have always so intensely disliked politics. Image: Pixabay
There has to be more to this deal. I suspect Cruz has offered Kasich the VP slot. There is no more pretending about conspiring and scheming. They called trump a liar when he accused them of that and now he has been proven right.
I believe Cruz approached Kasich. I don't think Cruz would ever suggest anything that he wasn't sure he wouldn't come out the winner, that somehow he'll come out better than Kasich in the long run. It's Cruz' only hope to keep Trump from the 1237. So sleazy.
Politics is always a dirty game but it seems as if this race has fallen below the normal dirty antics
So true. I haven't followed politics at all until this year, but this really does seem above and beyond normal dirty!
I have never seen a "clean" politic campaign and this one looks even dirtier.
I know, sad but true. I think politics being so inherently dirty, it discourages many good people from running for office.
@boiboing (12465)
• Northampton, England
@LindaCPearson I'm not sure that this is really 'dirty'. Isn't it just tactical play? Dirty is spreading rumours about a candidate's marriage, not agreeing with another candidate how best to defeat a front runner.
@boiboing (12465)
• Northampton, England
Anything it takes to stop that idiot man is worth a try.
Very well said.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Are you a Trump supporter?
So far I've only ruled out who I won't vote for. At this point, I don't feel good about any of the candidates but some I would never vote for.
this is very,very childish.remind me my car is better than your car.Trump will gain by this. I am not a trump fan.But I see the hand writing on the wall
They are trying to control it and I hope it backfires big time for them. Shame on them.
@scheng1 (24801)
I think it is good to have a political outsider to become the President too. There is a reason that Trump has succeeded so far. He can see things from outside, and he can see the corruption and the problems.
I too hope their little plan backfires. Do not need two snakes in the grass as candidates for president who will focus on the people they owe and not the American people.