Will you be in the storms?

There is supposed to be a major storm front come through our state tomorrow afternoon. There is supposed to be high wind, hail and possible tornadoes. I am going in to town with hubby. I need to get some things at the store and if the weather is severe I want to be where he is or have him where I am. I have flashlights and batteries and food that can be eaten without cooking. I may put some more water in containers just in case. Somewhere we have a weather radio, but I do not know where. I would almost bet there is not a severe storm after all, what do you think. They have been talking about this since last Friday. If you are in the storm I hope that you stay safe.
We are grateful no rain or snow storms are coming for us BUT I was talking with my gal-pal in NH and they have a snowstorm due in by Tuesday morning around 7am and I told her just be safe !
I am fairly certain they got it too. I believe myLot user @amadeo is in NH.
@sallypup (27963)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I hope you and your dearest stay safe. Your part of the world gets tornadoes. We do not, I'm happy to say. Just horrid high wind gusts.
We were safe and snug. We do have wind a lot here on my hill.
I hope that the storm will not be too severe. Since Sunday we have a chilly wind that blows cold from the Alps.
I saw that in your post. We are cool and crisp this morning but not any frost. I hope you could save your plants.
@GardenGerty Yes, I have covered my plants because they had forecast a cold week, I was ready.
@LadyDuck It was 56 F when I got up this morning, so not cold.
@silvermist (20085)
@GardenGerty I do hope there will not be strong storms.Even if there is a storm hope you will be safe.Here there are no strong winds and no rain, only blistering heat.
It would be hard to stand too much heat all the time. We were safe. We may have more tomorrow.
@silvermist (20085)
@GardenGerty Good to know you are safe for now.Tomorrow too you will be safe.
Stay safe my friend . I am happy you prepared for it .
We always have extra food and water on hand and we will be fine in most situations.
@GardenGerty Always prepared like Girl Scouts .
We're forecast for thunderstorms for the next couple of days, but it doesn't say anything about them being serious
They have been forecasting this since last Sunday. It was supposed to hit at 4, then was changed to 5. It seems to have come right in at 4:15
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hello GG I have witnessed very bad storms here at my place. As such I almost have a fear of them specially the ones that are strong. I do hope that you are all well prepared, safe to see it through. Keeping the well being of you and all those who are on the route of this storm in my prayers.
At home I feel quite safe. We were anxious to get off the road and to our house. I went in to work so if the storm came early my husband and I would be in the same place.
I am not in the way of the storm. It is really nice here, It just rains.
That is what someone else in Oregon said, she said they get lots of straight winds as well.
No Im on the west c oast we have had so m high winds but no storm here I hope it bypasses yo u guys and is not too horrbly severe.
@Hatley we got lots of rain, which we needed. One of my friends says three inches. I do not think we had any damaging winds, though.
They were warning us of severe weather too but nearly always it is confined to areas nearer the coast. They were saying to close curtains and blinds and to stay away from windows so they must have been expecting some really bad weather. We've had a bit of rain but the sun is out again and I think the storm has probably passed us by by now. Hope yours does too.
I was glad for the rain that we got. No damage that I have seen. My roof was already needing some shingles replaced.
@GardenGerty We have an iron roof and hearing the rain on it is a lovely sound. Glad there's been no damage.
@bagarad (12614)
• Paso Robles, California
@JudyEv I love that part of living in Templeton. We don't have that kind of roof here, and I miss it.
us too, late tonight or tomorrow morning. We shall see
I hope you were okay. We had lots of rain, little or no hail. It was a loud storm.
@GardenGerty I slept through most of it, but it did a number on my plants apparently
There were a lot of empty shelves at the supermarket.
During the early part of the day the parking lots were full both at Wal Mart and the grocery. At the end of the day Dollar General filled up.
@Lucky15 (33720)
Keep safe ma'am.
I fully plan on it. You have a great day.
@JESSY3236 (7029)
I have heard of those storms,but I'm not that way though.
I hope you are safe and warm where ever you are.
@patgalca (14557)
• Orangeville, Ontario
We had a terrible downpour around the supper hour, along with some thunder (couldn't see lightening). Now at 2am I am beginning to hear thunder again..
As we drove east to get home from hubby's job we got quite a light show. The rain started after we got inside.
I have not seen the news in days to know of any storm. I do hope you get it sorted out.
Well the storm yesterday showed up. Lots of thunder and lightning, but no hail or tornadoes.
@sgbrown (1642)
Yes, here in southern Oklahoma, we are supposed to get bad storms too. Hubby and I have to go to Denton, Texas today to get supplies to re-stock our vending machines. I wanted to wait until Thursday or Friday, but he is insisting that we go today. We plan on leaving early so we can get back before the storms hit. I have already cleaned out the storm cellar and made sure I have everything in it that we might need. I hope the weatherman is not right about the possible tornadoes!
I do not think there is any place in this town with a storm cellar or basement. We will be fine, I hope you made it back from Denton safely. My kin used to go there a lot from Coalgate and Atoka.
@sgbrown (1642)
@GardenGerty Don't you have a lot of tornadoes in Kansas? We did make it back from Denton, just fine, thank you! That is really a long drive for someone who lives in Coalgate or Atoka! I don't think I will complain about the drive from now on!
@bagarad (12614)
• Paso Robles, California
It was cool and windy this afternoon, but as far as I know we have no rain in the forecast. Stay safe.
If you are like most of California some rain would be nice.
@bagarad (12614)
• Paso Robles, California
@GardenGerty We had some predicted -- 25% chance, but it didn't happen.
@Marcyaz (35623)
If the storm does come through your area stay safe and find your weather radio. Mine is sitting in the front room so I always know where it is.
I have not seen my weather radio since I moved, so I may need to get a new one.
@Dena91 (4507)
Prayers that you will be safe through the storms. We're suppose to get a few thunderstorms tomorrow evening into Thursday morning, nothing serious though. Have a safe and blessed day
Our particular area received much needed rain. The sun is beginning to peek out now. Thank you for the prayers.