When death flew over us!

By DJ
@Daljinder (22196)
May 26, 2011 Wednesday night around 11 p.m. I was watching t.v. with my parents and talking. My brother was in other room. Suddenly, we all heard an approaching aircraft. Which we assumed was going to fly over us. We have a Air Force base nearby. So, it's a common thing. BUT this time the noise was all wierd. It was loud. We all jumped up and ran out to look. I noticed the neighbours coming out running too. My uncle and his family who live on the first floor came running out too. With heart in our mouths, we watched an aircraft (small one) fly really low over our houses. A ball of fire clearly visible indicating that it was going to crash. Like right now. Right there. Panic set in. It was over a very densely populated area too. It was a very windy night. The charter plane passed by us and crashed about one kilometre from our place. The chaos ensued. But our family was in a whole another level of panic. Because the direction and the distance the plane crashed was where my aunt's house was. Thankfully, she along with her family was out of state. BUT my grandmother and my baby brother were house sitting for them. My father, my uncle and my grandfather literally ran like lunatics to there. We remained back. Our blood turned ice cold. Praying over and over! The plane that crashed was only one street over. They were safe. They had been on the terrace when they saw the plane about to crash ON THEM. But the strong winds pushed it. They were saved. Unfortunately, the house on which it did fall, lost three. And all seven on board on the air ambulance died too. It was a very horrible incident! And very very scary!! (Photo by pixabay)
What an awful catastrophe, sorry about those killed, but so glad it wasn't your family. This reminds me of an incident many years ago when an American plane from the nearby base came down on our town. I was working a couple of miles away and saw it come down in the direction of my children's school - panic! I dashed to the school along with most of the rest of us parents, but it had missed them by half a mile. The crew of two were both killed.
@Daljinder (22196)
Oh my! That could have been truly horrific. I am so glad it missed the school. And all the kids were safe. Plane crashes always give me heebie jeebies!
@Daljinder Not many people walk away from a plane crash, do they?
@Daljinder (22196)
@jaboUK Rarely, if ever! Only miracle kind of thing saves them. And we know miracles aren't frequent.
This would have been a horrible scare for you all. I can only imagine how terrified you must have been for your grandmother and brother.
@Daljinder (22196)
Our hands were cold and we were in half shock, half panic state. Dreading the news! We could see the flames of fire from our house!
@Daljinder I'm so glad everything was all right. You can't escape from something like this really - not easily anyway.
What a horrible ordeal to witness! I'm happy, as you are, that your family is safe. May the unfortunate R.I.P.
@Daljinder (22196)
Me too! Those unfortunate weren't so lucky though.
Oh my goodness, this is a nightmare, you surely will never forget.
@Daljinder (22196)
I still remember it to this date. Vividly!
@vandana7 (68638)
Now I know where you live, and many others too.. are you sure you feel safe? Anyway, I am glad I got a kiddo like you in my life. :) It was my luck that saved ya..
@Daljinder (22196)
Not the exact location but close! Should I remove the link? Thanks!!! Same here! Well not the kiddo bit! I am younger..,
@vandana7 (68638)
@Daljinder .. The name of colony is mentioned there. And you did upload your picture before, and you are pretty. So ...well..you chose.
@Daljinder (22196)
@vandana7 Uh.. The colony is also not the place I live. Anyways I removed the link.
That is so scary and sad. I was hoping by the end that no one would have been killed. What a terrible accident.
@Daljinder (22196)
Chances of no one getting hurt were minimum at best. Plane was already on fire and was on a very densely populated area. If it had fallen on an empty school building or something, it would have still killed the people on board.
@Daljinder Oh that is true I hadn't thought of the ones inside the plain dying I had only thought of those in the houses it landed on. Very sad :(
@Marcyaz (35591)
You and your family were saved that day but others weren't so lucky. May they RIP. You never know if you will have another day or not.
@Daljinder (22196)
Unlucky indeed! Equally sad that 10 lives were lost. 3 were sleeping soundly in their house when the plane crashed! RIP to them.
@Marcyaz (35591)
@Daljinder It is very sad to have happen.
@Fleura (7373)
How horrible, and so awful to see something like that happen and not be able to do anything at all to prevent it. So glad your family are all safe.
• Walnut Creek, California
What a scary story. And well-told. I wonder what caused the plane to go down.
@Daljinder (22196)
@TheHorse It was a very windy night with dust flying. The plane got stuck and deviated from it's path due to some strange windy storm like thing (I don't know what's the actual term for it is) in the air. It damaged the engines which later on caught fire.
That is very scary. I can't imagine. I'm glad your family is okay, but sad for the lives lost that night. :(
@Daljinder (22196)
It was scary and a sad thing to witness! Our town was shook up by this.
@louievill (19996)
That is really a scary and close call situation, hope the people there do not get scared everytime a plane passes by, I'm sorry for those who lost lives
@Daljinder (22196)
It took a while to get back to normal, ya know? I mean beside an Air Force base, we have Delhi Airport nearby too. So, mostly flights go over us. Yup shook up we were for some time.
@sol_cee (18222)
• Japan
The mylot codes you used in every paragraph evoke different emotions.
@Daljinder (22196)
I was going by what I was feeling. It was a scary incident.