Why's your cheeks red?

By C
@ShyBear88 (17699)
I got a call from my daughter's school, saying one of her cheeks where red and they where not sure why. When my daughter got home from the bus both her cheeks where red, one of her arms had a red spot with little bumps from her scratching the sa,e thing on her cheeks. Which me means an allergy rash to something. I took pictures incase or didn't go away to show the doctor and it spreading. So I gave her some allergy medication and it now her cheeks ans arms look better. I'm going to keep watching to make sure it goes away all the way for now.
Good to keep a watchful eye on this BUT don't over medicate with allergy medications that generally subdue the actual immune system signals that later in life could actually help keep more severe allergic reactions at bay
@ShyBear88 (17699)
don't worry I only gave her one dose and that was it. She has a walnut allergy and amoxcilline allergy. I don't give her or her brothers allergy meds unless I have. Her little brother has worse allergies then she and he has a peanut allergy and I just put lotion on him for the itching since I don't know what the reaction was to it was safe to go with her the medication. I'm sending a note with her to school tomorrow to see if they remember anything about what happened today.
@ShyBear88 I knew you were not all for medications anyway was not worried BUT with those sensitivities to peanuts and walnuts, I think there are some foods that could build their immunity up besides avoiding those types of nuts as much as possible. I can look into it for ya . . .
@ShyBear88 (17699)
@enlightenedpsych2 my daughter wasn't allergic to walnuts till age 3, you don't want to feed your body it because the older you when you become allergic to soe,thing the less likely you will over come it. ,y 1 year old should put grow his peanut and egg allergy by the time he is 5 but it's besto. To give him to because it cause him discomfort full body rash to the point he will make himself bleed. The more he is give it the worse his allegy will get. They both just don't eat certain things not to difficult.
Does sound like an allergic reaction. Glad the allergy medication has helped reduce some of the rash.
@ShyBear88 (17699)
It was all the way gone by bed time. So I don't know what happened or what she touched but it was something.
@ShyBear88 So glad it went away! Whew! What a relief!
@ShyBear88 (17699)
@Corbin5 i now think she ate so,etching before going outside
• Surrey, British Columbia
some people experience skin discoloration due to allergic reaction,so they must be taking anti allergy medications or ointment as prescribed by physician.
@ShyBear88 (17699)
Yes I know that. I gave her allergy meciation that we got from the store that has antihistomy in it. You don't need to see a doctor for that
Sometimes allergies strike without noticing it. I guess it is also better to consult a dermatologist to know what would be be the prevention and the best treatment for it.
@ShyBear88 (17699)
Dermatologist don't dal with allergies but they can work with allergist to help. She doesn't have reactions that often some don't think it's need it. Since it went away the doctors are nor need right now. When she goes back to the allergies we will,let them know that something happened she sees them in a month for an asthma check up.
@Lolaze (3164)
Keep an eye on her. That can also be a symptom of Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease. If she develops mouth sores, get her to the doctor.
@ShyBear88 (17699)
not hand and food, it stopped with allergy meds hand foot and mouth doesn't go away with allergy medication nothing works for that other then like chicken pox's you have to ride it out like a cold.
@Blondie2222 (22383)
Well glad they made you aware of it and i hope the allergy medicine works.