Into the Groovy #41 - "Ptah"

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Fronted by vocalist Vaughn Stevenson, Course of Empire formed in Dallas in 1988. Although they are often classified as an industrial band, I disagree. I think of them as a rock band, an alternative rock group. Course of Empire were percussion-heavy, utilizing dual drummer's, just like The Grateful Dead and Adam and the Ants, among other's. The 1990 self-titled album opens with "Ptah," a drum and guitar-heavy tune, with spoken word as lyrics, narrated by Professor Ted Gardner. "Ptah" is a fun, aggressive tune that perfectly sets the mood for what is a great album.
Course of Empire Track - Ptah CD - Course of Empire
@Ronrybs (7438)
• London, England
Not heard of this group at all
I honestly have no idea if they had any sort of international following, or just here, where I don't think they were all that big anyway.
You got me here. I never heard of this band.
I don't really remember where I found out about them. It could be one of the CD's I bought because I liked the cover. I do that a lot. It works more than you think it might.