Are they staying for good?

@sunrisefan (17131)
Early evening last night when I was watering the plants and the lawn, a heavily-tinted white Hyundai van arrived with a Mitsubishi double-cab following. I saw that the double-cab's back portion was full of huge travel luggage. Our former co-worker and neighbor must have finally arrived with his wife. I'm not sure if their children have come along with them. They were in the U.S. for about, more or less, 20 years already and by this time their children should be past 30. With the big number of luggage they were bringing, are they staying for good? This has come to be my suspicion because my co-worker's nephew and niece and her husband were busy the past two weeks with repair work of the house. In fact, I saw that they have replaced the roofing sheets which, by this time, are already 37 years old. We've (8 co-workers) built our houses here in 1979. Whether they're staying for good or not, I will soon find out as they are settled and rested from their long trip and may be dropping by the neighbors' homes in the following days.
You are one sneaky neighbour hahaha! You always seem to notice everybody around you. The huge luggages could contain pasalubong. Every time my mother-in-law would come home she would have these two huge luggages even though she's here for only a month. Almost everything in the luggage are for us.
@sunrisefan (17131)
I am not sneaky, Ms. Toni. It's just that our house is at a strategic point in the village. It's in the curve and I will surely notice everyone passing especially when I'm outside the house watering the plants and garden. Even when I'm inside the house, my small nook/"office" has a window which allows me to see everyone passing. Hmmmm I could possibly quality as the village guard LOL!
@sunrisefan You strategically placed it there so you could see them everywhere! Sneaky!
@sunrisefan (17131)
@toniganzon You're in the real estate, so let's just say I'm a good realtor too hahaha!
Well, maybe they are. Or probably here for a long vacation.
@sunrisefan (17131)
Probably.
@Lucky15 (33427)
Someone is curious. Haha
@sunrisefan (17131)
Could not help being curious because we've worked together in the same office before, aside from being neighbors.
@sol_cee (14333)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
Is it the kind of neighborhood where you borrow matchsticks when you have none?
@sunrisefan (17131)
No :) That's in the barrio :)
@sol_cee (14333)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
@sunrisefan Is that so? No friendly invitations then?
@sunrisefan (17131)
@sol_cee Probably people can come in and out of your house without any formal invitation LOL! Joke only :)
I hope they prove to be good neighbours if they do stay.
@sunrisefan (17131)
They've been good neighbors because we worked in the same office. Just learned now from the daughter of another neighbor that they're only here for a 2-week vacation.
@sunrisefan All that luggage for just two weeks!
@sunrisefan (17131)
@jaboUK Probably it's the whole family who came over. The rest of the baggage could be presents for family and relatives. It's a common Filipino trait to bring "pasalubong" (presents) for family and relatives.
I am not sure. Perhaps they wanted to stay for summer vacation. Why don't try to mingle with them again. You know, catch up the old times.
@sunrisefan (17131)
They're staying only for 2 weeks as the daughter of our neighbor told me.
@cacay1 (32552)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@surisefa , at least you know now, they'll have a vacation.
@Teep11 (6945)
I'm sure they're quite exhausted after traveling with heavy luggage. They would need to rest before they can get any done. I'm sure they will be pleased when the house is ready so they can enjoy their home.
@sunrisefan (17131)
I think they did not have time for rest and want to make use of every minute they're here because I was told by a neighbor that they're here for only 2 weeks. In fact, on the early morning after arrival, I already saw our former co-worker riding on a motorbike pass by our house. Since they arrived we did not have the chance to meet them yet.
@cacay1 (32552)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
They might only have a long vacation.
@sunrisefan (17131)
Found out they're staying only for 2 weeks :)
@Yar_Joey (3303)
Why not ask them? At least your doubts will be answered.