No goodbye necessary.

@xFiacre (10506)
Ireland
Sam never says goodbye; he just gets up unannounced and leaves. It's hard to get used to. The first time he did it I was left wondering if I'd said something to offend, but no. That's just how he operates. I only ever meet him when I'm out somewhere, cafĂ© or bar. I'd never invite him home with his serious disregard for the social graces. But I've come to appreciate Sam's attitude. Conversations, meetings, friendships aren't punctuated with hellos and goodbyes. They  just keep going,  interrupted by pauses and the requirements of life. That also explains why I never try to make an arrangement to meet. Life just happens for Sam and it's lovely to find mysryself in his company for a while every now and again and then walk away with no goodbye.
@dodo19 (28108)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
He definitely has an interesting way of doing things.
I wonder if this is not the right way to go. There is no need to be social, when we meet we talk and interact.
I thought maybe Sam was going to be a cat.
@xFiacre (10506)
@judyev Now that you mention it he does behave in a feline manner in this respect!
@BettyB (4287)
• Summerville, South Carolina
Sam sounds like an interesting character.
Sam just seems to flow through life unburdened.