I wonder would the post office ever let people work from home.

I worked at the post office a few times for seasonal work. I also passed the postal exam and now I want a job. I called a number to get the human resource info but nothing came of it. I also found a place that will give me practice exams and other materials in the process of getting a new job. I don't know if I need to retake the exam. I just need someone to answer the phone.
Maybe call the 800 # people pick up there. If you call the branches literally no one ever picks up. I once stood in line and called my local post office - the phone rung but no one even picked up!
I will try calling that number thanks.
@sharon6345 Hope you got through.
@Asylum (48281)
• Manchester, England
I am at a !loss to think of a Post Office job that could actually be done from home.
@pgntwo (21645)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
Opening the letters? Bending anything in a "Do not bend" envelope...
@Asylum (48281)
• Manchester, England
@pgntwo They do not need any more people to bend those Do Not Bend items because they have employed Bender from Futurama.
@pgntwo (21645)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
@Asylum I wondered about that character's name - not that I watch the show.
@FourWalls (13680)
I worked at the post office for eight years. I think the exams may have an "expiration date" (5-6 years after you take it). From my experience I'd recommend working somewhere else in the government.
I had fun working in the post office. I would love to work there again...
@FourWalls (13680)
@sharon6345 -- seasonal employment and full-time employment are two different things. Most of the Christmas help never saw the ugly side of USPS. Of course, as with any large bureaucracy, a lot of it has to do with where you work. The post office I worked at was considered the second most-likely place to have a disgruntled employee "go postal" in the entire U.S. (So said my union steward...I'd like to know how they managed to conduct that survey among the employees!)
@FourWalls That is not cool at all. I understand It's just that I know the post office and could do that job. I don't think there is much else I would actually like to do. I want to also love my work. It might get me not to quit the job.
@Marcyaz (35672)
I have never heard of anyone working from home for the Post Office but keep trying to reach them on the phone.
They offer no number only the website.
@Marcyaz (35672)
@sharon6345 Don't they have a one hundred number you could call?
@ricki_911 (19425)
• Toronto, Ontario
Shows how different it is to get jobs. I work for the post office, and number one is a driving licence anywhere in Ontario with clean abstract and a proper car. Also, no criminal record, and it can take up to 10 years to get in.
I think it would be fun to work at the post office. What could you do from home though?
• Grand Junction, Colorado
I can't imagine what job the post office would have to work from home, but good luck. I hope you can find a phone number that they will answer on. I have no idea how long the exam would be good for that you previously took, hopefully you won't have to retake it. I have known a few people over the years that worked for the post office and they were very grumpy people and hated their jobs, I can imagine that working in the elements day after day could get pretty rough. Good luck to you.
@softbabe44 (5902)
• Vancouver, Washington
It can't hurt to ask I agree someone answers the phone
OH!not sure how to handle this.But maybe someone will have an answer
@amnabas (10282)
• Karachi, Pakistan
Hogg I hope you can qualify for the job