A village.

Colorado,
Roseburg, Oregon
A village is smaller than a town or city. It is located in a rural area. Very small place which includes a small area of homes and businesses. Located in the country with a small population of a few hundred up to a thousand people. A village would be a nice friendly place to live.
yes,it would be.We used to be a village way back when.This all change.
The place grew.
I would enjoy that, if it was by the sea and near a decent sized town with all the amenities.
Yes that would be very nice.
@jstory07 I know only one in SoCal, but there is agriculture nearby, and I am allergic to the mold in their dust. Otherwise, I would live there. My home now comes close to the ideal, but does not really have a village or town center. Bummer.
@ElizabethWallace As long as you are happy that is all that matters.
@quantum2020 (8267)
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
I used to spend two years in a village of four hundred ; however, I lived in the perifery of this village far from the villagers. It wasn´t very friendly for me; that is one of the reasons I had to return to the city.
Usually the people are friendlier.
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
@jstory07 In my personal experince, I did not find that quality, On the contrary, peopple were not very friendly, not only to me, but with other non natives , as well.
@quantum2020 Maybe they are only friendly with the ones they have always know their entire life.
We have a lot of villages in Wisconsin. I would imagine because it's mostly a rural state. Lots of farm country.
Villages are really nice looking.
@jstory07 Yes they are. They have that small town appeal to them.
@EddieHands (31318)
I like villages they are tiny and peaceful
They sure are. Small and peaceful.
Yes, because sine it is a small community , everyone knows each other and live like a big family .
That is a good thing.
yes I was b prn and raised on a farm but went to school in the village of Newell S D ak everyone in Newell knew everyone and went you got sick your neighbors brought food and help;ed you . I used to hate that everyone knew your business but as i matured I realized we were all friends we looked ou t for one otjher no stranger s now here in Southern Calif nobody knows their neighbors nor do they care which is so sad.
That is sad when you do not know your neighbors.
I live in a rural village and have for almost 20 years now. We moved out here as it allowed us to raise our son without the crowds of kids that we encountered in town. There is no population sign to our village, and we only have our little post office, church, grade and high schools, tavern/roadhouse and general store that offers everything from spirits to freshly cut deli meats and cheese and they scoop the best and biggest ice cream cones around! Who needs to go to town, we have it all right out here, plus we have peace and quiet and little traffic.
That is what we have here peace and quiet.