Say A Little Prayer For Her

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Mentally and physically too busy to even care nor even try to enjoy the things I used to. Ive been on a very destructive path for a long time and I dont see me changing anytime soon. Trying to get over one man by being with another and getting over that man but being with another, a vicious cycle that is going to hurt a lot of people. Setting my selfishness aside, I have a grandma who has been battling some kind of sickness that the doctors have no clue about. She has been testing for every kind of disease imaginable. One day she woke up and she was slurring her words. At first it sounded like a stroke but scans and tests ruled that out. She has been getting worse by the day and she is becoming more and more frustrated because no one can understand her. I was over there yesterday and she kept talking about how much she wanted to die, it was very hard to hear her talk like that. It broke my heart. I don't believe in prayer or even god, but I seem to be on my knees asking for help from someone I dont even believe in.
@sugartoes (46072)
• Greencastle, Indiana
O M G girl you have your life going out of control I'm so sorry to hear that I know what your talking about I have been thee myself way back in my days but you know what GOD is listening cause he heard my prayers & answered them he want's us at our lowest point in our lives that's when your prayers are heard.
• Minneapolis, Minnesota
Religion is such a sensitive subject to me. I have a hard time explaining why I dont believe, but being raised as a strict catholic I used to pray all the time and no one ever heard my prayers
• Bucharest, Romania
@Castlerock34 It is hard to keep calm in such situations but there are people out there that will support you mentally.
@annierose (18957)
I agree with you @sugartoes Sometimes we do not understand what is really happening but do not let it stop you believing in God. I believe He loves us very much that He sent His precious son on Earth to deliver us. @Castlerock34 Whatever is happening now, talk to God through a fervent prayer. Things may seem obscure now but later on it will be clear and you will find the answer to your questions.
@quantum2020 (10386)
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
Maybe you need to set some time for yourself and also take a break from the things that stress your life.
• Minneapolis, Minnesota
Ive been wanting to run away and join the circus :-)
@quantum2020 (10386)
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
@Castlerock34 Like me! I would do the trapeze and sit on the elephant at the beginning of the show!
@Lucky15 (34238)
Sending my prayers for her
• Minneapolis, Minnesota
Thank you very much!
It is normal to be very upset when a loved one is suffering so. We all will go through that once or many times in our lives, and we just keep going on the best way we can. I do pray and that does bring comfort to me. Focus on Grandmother and move away from the men in your life to lessen your load. Sending prayers right now for you and your grandmother.
@cintol (10132)
We seem to always turn to the Almighty when we don't know what else to do, I will pray for your grandmother and I hope they can find something that will help her soon. Never give up!
• Minneapolis, Minnesota
Why do you think that is? People that dont have faith turn to it when there is nothing else that can be done
@cintol (10132)
@Castlerock34 I think a lot more people have faith out there than what they will admit. They may not go to church or tell people they pray, but deep down they all have a little faith in them.
• Minneapolis, Minnesota
@cintol You think so ??
@Butchcass4 (6013)
There was a time in my life I didn't believe in God too. however when I came to the end of my rope I said a simple prayer God if You are real show Yourself to me. And for the last 30 years He has shown Himself to me daily. I don't know what I would do without Him. He's brought me down and long hard road and I still struggle with things in my life today but I know I would surely have killed myself had God not come into my life. As I hated life and wanted to die when I said that simple half hearted prayer. I pray you too will turn to Him and give Him a chance He loves you so much and has a plan for your life...
• Minneapolis, Minnesota
It sounds like he came in your life at the right time! I have toyed with different religions and I have yet to find one that suits me. I want to believe in something but I have come up empty.
@Castlerock34 Jesus Christ gave His life on the cross so that we could be forgiven our sins and made a way for us to go to heaven. There is no other way than Jesus as He paid the price for the whole worlds sins. He loves us with an everlasting love and is the only God who is not in a grave but is seated at the right hand of God Almighty interceding for us
I am so sorry to hear that about your grandma . She must be having some pains . She has my prayers .
• Minneapolis, Minnesota
Thank you for your kind words, she is very upset and confused and stressed out because she doesnt know what is going to happen to her.
@Castlerock34 Just keep comforting her .
@cacay1 (33478)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Try to reflex her foot to relax your grandma. Hire a reflexiologist only the foot to reflex. You massage her too.
• Minneapolis, Minnesota
I was I could give her so much more than I am giving her now. But I am doing what I can
@cacay1 (33478)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@Castlerock34 Ok, I understand.
@aju007 (1470)
• Thiruvananthapuram, India
Be with her and help her. Try to give her some good moments in her life. May God help both of you.
• Minneapolis, Minnesota
Thank you very much for your kind words.
@Daljinder (22202)
Oh that's just horrible. You really are running the gamut aren't you? Hope everything gets better for you and your grandma