My Latest CD Acquisition: The Best of Human League

Los Angeles, California
I have gained a new addition to my 80s Best of collection. Human League was glam rock synthpop British group that originated in Sheffield. The classic lineup was composed of lead singer Phil Oakey and backup singers Susan Sulley and Joanne Catherall who began as teenagers. The Best of CD contains 15 tracks plus a bonus remix of "Don't You Want Me." I was only familiar with six songs and learned the others were UK hits. Human League was much bigger in their home country. However, both "Don't You Want Me" and "Human" reached number one in the US. The CD also includes "Love Action," "Mirror Man" and "(Keep Feeling) Fascination." More great songs evoking 80s nostalgia.
Skip navigation UploadSign inSearch Loading... Close Yeah, keep it Undo Close Watch QueueQueueWatch QueueQueue Loading... Watch Queue Queue __count__/__total__ Loading... Find out whyClose STAT CHILE AMERICA SubscribeSubscribedUnsubscribe288288 Loading...
Yes to the Human League! They were a great 80's band, with very catchy tunes.
They belong to the subcategory with ABC, the snazzy suited bands.
@kevin1877uk (36949)
Yeah totally :)
@kevin1877uk (36949)
Awesome group and they came from Sheffield not too far from where I once lived, about 30 miles away. I did have don't You Want Me on 12" inch.
That's one of my all-time favorite songs.
@kevin1877uk (36949)
@JohnRoberts And mine too that's why I had the 12" inch, awesome group and often play there tracks
• Portland, Connecticut
I have never heard of them and I didn't recognize the song either but congratulations on getting another CD for your collection.
@LeaPea2417 (18611)
• Toccoa, Georgia
My sister and I were big fans of the Human League back in the early 80s. And what was so neat was that we sent them a fan letter. We sent it to the address that was on the back of one of their albums and a month later or so, they sent us a poster with each of the band's signatures. We were happily surprised. We didn't think we would receive any reply back when we sent the fan letter!
I don't recall the group or song, yet it sounded a bit familiar. Great 80's dance music!
I have never heard of this band or any of the singers. I was born in the early 80s though so I only know the oldies my parents played or I heard on the radio.
• Preston, England
I have this collection too - my favourite track being Hello Louise
@Ronrybs (7283)
• London, England
I was thinking about the Human League the other day. I am really sure they got their name from a board game called 'StarForce Alpha Centauri'. I only have a few HL tracks and they are in compilations
@CRK109 (14209)
I really did like them a lot. It seems that most of my favorite music was either in the 60s, 70s or 80s. :)
@FourWalls (12528)
Nice acquisition. "Don't You Want Me" is one of those iconic songs of the 80s (even though I thought "(Keep Feeling) Fascination" was a better song).