Natural hair dyes

@millie02 (6909)
United Kingdom
I have to dye my hair because at the moment it is dark brown with about 50% grey. The grey is not evenly spread around my hair and there are clumps of grey in places especially at the front . This is why I have to dye it, but I do not like using chemical hair dyes. I have been using henna, but I find it messy and sometimes the result looks too bright for my complexion. Ideas anyone?
@AnneEJ (5026)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
I am content to just let my hair turn grey. I would not want the bother of trying to keep it dyed.
@millie02 (6909)
I will when all of my hair turns grey. I just do not like it as it is now, part brown with lots of grey.
@AnneEJ (5026)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
@millie02 Mine is mostly grey in the front, but still some colour in the back.
@millie02 (6909)
@AnneEJ I have lots of grey at the front. Perhaps this is the part that goes grey first.
@maxen07 (889)
I dye my mom's hair but she always picks her usual commercial brand. If you're worried about the effect of chemical dyes on your hair, stylists have told my mom to wait an interval of two months after the last coloring and come to the salon for a treatment first to prevent hair thinning. I've been wanting to dye my hair mahogany red for quite some time but I needed to go to a salon to be sure that it will turn out good. Unfortunately, I can't afford it yet.
@millie02 (6909)
Salons can be expensive.
@maxen07 (889)
@millie02 They are so I asked my aunt to dye my hair. I got a mahogany red color but it didn't turned out the way I wanted. My hair is still black.
Manic panic is a vegan semi permanent hair dye. It won't damage your hair but it doesn't last long enough and way more expensive than henna.
@millie02 (6909)
I might have a look for this one.
@acelawrites (10924)
It's also one of my problems because I do not want to use dyes that have strong chemicals in it. Sorry I can't recommend any.
@millie02 (6909)
Never mind, we can keep looking.
I also would like a natural dye , but henna can make the hair stiff after .
Hi D! Remember my purple hair? I used a vegan hair dye for that.
@toniganzon Really ? Where did you buy it ? How long did it stay on your hair ?
@SIMPLYD about three months. I bought it online since it's not available in our country. It's called manic panic. I think it's from California.
@Marcyaz (35793)
Sorry I don't use anything on my hair just au natural.
@Bennkz03 (194)
• Zimbabwe
i don't dye my hair, i will rather keep it like that
I think Henna is the best option for natural hair dyes. I have used it a few times and you arr right - its messy! Also smells funny, kind of earthy. Are you able to just find a different color?
My hair is a mix of mouse and grey but I don't bother to dye it. Hopefully someone can help but many people including @M.-L.,have been having their hair dyed for many years with no ill effects.
I've had my hair dyed with chemical stuff at the hairdresser's for many years. It hasn't done any damage. My hair is thick and healthy.