The end of the month is hard.

You might not know it but,some people run out of food. I have one pack of chicken in my freezer. I don't want that at all to be honest. I was in my cabinet and lucked up on a can of chili. I am having it right now. I would love to have a loaf of bread to make a sandwich with peanut butter or a cheese sandwich. I will call down to my neighbor later for some. She is the one that always give me a loaf at times. Are you finding the end of the month hard too?
@acelawrites (10931)
Sometimes, I find it hard too when my budget is almost depleted. But am happy when I was able to hurdle through it.
I will sure make it too.
The beginning of the month is the hardest for me, that is when the majority of the bills are due. Have you tried couponing for your food to stretch your dollar that much further?
@miniam (9241)
• Bern, Switzerland
Im sorry to hear things are not as easy, i sure hope it will improve in the future. I do not find the end of the month hard,im 60% invalid so i live way below national minimum wage. As soon as i get my pay,buy everything and anything i need for the month, everything is well planned,well used to make sure l manage it till next payday. Things like eating out or coffee out is foreign to me.But it has helped me keep out of credit and im doing fine.
@ricki_911 (19428)
• Toronto, Ontario
Sounds like the entire month for me. We don't have the luxury of government assistance here as they do in the US. If you don't have money for food, or struggling you have to ask people you know or do without and food costs much more here. Bag of milk is $5, eggs are over $3, butter $8. Luckily it is spring time and I can forage outside for what I need. I picked fiddle heads, and mushrooms tonight.
That is the case with a lot of people here as well.
@ricki_911 (19428)
• Toronto, Ontario
@sharon6345 Its all in how you perceive it. I was raised on cooking and making things stretch. Whereasa few people at work say they have no money yet go to fast food all the time. I had a coworker stop by and shewas shocked at how empty my cupboards were and fridge. I have a couple things of yogurt, soup, popcorn, hot chocolate, and a bag of frozen dinner. The thing is I don't have steady income so when I have extra money then thats when I get food. Whereas she only has to buy food and never had to struggle to make ends meet.
@akalinus (15689)
I am lucky that I have a part time job that pays every week. They just told me that my pay and hours will be cut in half so times will get harder.
That sucks big time.
@akalinus (15689)
@sharon6345 I know how it is at the end of the month. I made my kids some unusual meals, for sure.
@STOUTjodee (3439)
Oh, yes..I usually have meat but it's something to go with the meat to make a meal.
That would be the case for me at times too.
@akalinus (15689)
I baked a lot. It was cornbread, biscuits, coffee cake and things like that. I don't bake anymore.
• Eugene, Oregon
Fortunately, we both have our monthly Social Security checks to help keep the pantry stocked. Is there no food bank or other way to find help where you live?
@miniam (9241)
• Bern, Switzerland
2 years ago when the gov messed up my account and my money did not come,they offered me a card to go get food at a social non profit shop, l could not do it.
@Marcyaz (35672)
Nope as I have stocked up and saved some food.
@OneOfMany (12423)
For a number of years it was difficult, especially when my rent consumed a large amount of my budget. If a random car payment came up I was eating ramen noodles! One year I managed to get through a month on $40 for food. That was a rough month, but because it was summer my garden and berries in the woods helped out a lot. That's why more people should grow whatever food they can, because it really does help out.
Yes we always find things hard at the end of the month. We ran out of a lot and we have to wait until the 7th of May to get more of things we need.
@Teep11 (7049)
A lot of people are not only able to make food last to the end of the month but some barely have it at the beginning. I hope your neighbor is able to give you a loaf of bread.