Planning for meals

can you see me?
I had a box of mushrooms that needed to be used, so I did. The mushrooms ended up in a saucy dish with other veggies and meatballs. I put it all in the crock pot on low because I knew I would be gone on a trip all day. Franklin Graham is doing a campaign across the United States. He is encouraging Christians to pray for their communities and for the country. He is insisting that we are called to be involved. I went with other church members to Topeka, Kansas for his Kansas stop. I knew we would eat out at noon and I wanted a good meal this evening. Did he tell us HOW to vote? "no". Did he tell us to be informed and to use our information to vote? Did he say to start with our community and work our way to the top?" Yes. When I need fast food, my slow cooker or crock pot is my close friend.
Nice to come home to a hot meal ready to be served. Toss a bunch of this and that together and leave it. Love my slow cooker too. I really have to utilize it more.
If you are working it is the best, with wonderful blended flavors.
@GardenGerty I cook meals that are quick to prepare. I am the Queen of the 30 minute meal. But, when I want a roast there is nothing like the crock pot!
@ElusiveButterfly I can go both ways. I had recipes for my work clients that basically were thirty minute meals. I get you on this one.
I don´t have a crockpot and I haven´t seen one where I live. But as I enjoy cooking, I make a lot of dishes ahead and defrost them to have them when I need them
I like to do that as well. I cook a large dish then portion it smaller and freeze enough for meals.
@Marcyaz (35606)
That sounds good mushrooms, veggies and meatballs in a crock pot will be done when you arrive home.
It was really nice to have a flavorful hot meal after a long day.
@Marcyaz (35606)
@GardenGerty It is really nice and a time saver also.
I had always wanted t get a cro ck pot and sadlyI never dd and now in here I no longer get to cook. WE did have chicken cordon bleu for dnner a it was very good plus some freshly cooked carrots that reallyh dd enjoy and home made mashed potatoes no fro a ox had a few lumps but r eally tasted better thant the box one and a brownie for dessert.nice diknner b ut afraid I need to forgo those desserts my blood glucse was 134 i nstaed of 100 Im tryiing to stay at a 6 A1C
It sounds like it was delicious but I would look at mashed potatoes, carrots and a brownie and know I should maybe only have a bite of each to keep my sugar lower. Easier said than done.
@GardenGerty yes lately Im a bit higher but still within the l imits m yh doctor ave me but really the130 and f orties scares me I want it lower
@MsTickle (24993)
Crock pots are a wonderful invention whichever way you look at them.
And when they give up and die, you can just recycle the crock into an oven dish, or a flower pot. I hope mine never die, however. I could set them all up and have a buffet any day.
@cindiowens (3921)
• North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
I threw my crock pot away. I loved cooking with it, but cleaning it was always such a chore.
When they started making slow cookers with removable crocks I fell in love. I spray them with cooking spray, or you can get liner bags. I pull the crock out and fill it with hot soapy water. When I had a dishwasher it went in there.
You can fix a lot of good meals with a crock pot.
And you can get a lot of other things done while those good meals are cooking.
We do not have crock pots here, when I need a ready food I prepare it in advance and put in the refrigerator, ready to be heated.
Sounds like you've been given good advice by this man. Was your dinner all ready when you got home?
the crock pot is a wonderful thing
@peavey (16866)
I don't use my slow cooker as often as I should, but it's handy on days when I am not going to be home. I totally agree with Franklin Graham. We are a part of the people of the US and how it goes is our responsibility as much as it is anyone else's - maybe more so.