Apology.

@xFiacre (10508)
Ireland
“I sincerely apologise and will lick your wounds clean if you let me”, is what I overheard in a café close to the university late this morning. The apologiser was about twenty years old as was the girl he felt he had offended. He had the beginnings of a beard, she didn’t. She found his apology inadequate and far from amusing. I found it unacceptable too and somewhat nauseating. It put me off my Earl Grey tea and German biscuit. I suspect that she was just making him work for it and that by the end of the day all would be forgiven.
@WorDazza (8649)
• Manchester, England
As apologies go it conjures up one or two pretty gross images. "He had the beginnings of a beard, she didn’t." Bravo sir! I will be laughing at that all day.
@xFiacre (10508)
@wordazza I'm rather partial to ladies with no beards myself.
@WorDazza (8649)
• Manchester, England
@xFiacre Also my preferred option. But not necessarily a deal breaker!!!
I would hope that by the end of the day that this female might has found herself a better individual to hang out. Perhaps one who could turn a phrase a little better.
I always find this apology gross and I cannot believe that someone could address such an apology.
It sounds a pretty gross apology to me. Who wants their wounds licked?
@xFiacre (10508)
@judyev especially when the licker is the one who inflicted the wounds. I really must start keeping more savoury company!
@xFiacre I would have had to hide my face in a paper or something. I can never seem to keep my features straight when I'm offended/grossed out/whatever. My lip would have curling like nobody's business.
@xFiacre (10508)
@JudyEv I share that inability to keep a straight face. I wear a continual smirk and my wife is always asking me what's so funny.
@JESSY3236 (5066)
That is a gross apology. He should have said sorry instead.
@AnneEJ (5110)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
That was a strange apology. I wonder what he had done that he had to apologize for, but he probably made it worse with those words.