Adult Coloring Books

For some months now, I’ve been looking at the adult coloring books. They range in price from $3.99 all the way up past $15.00. That doesn’t even include the colored pencils. Has anyone used these yet? I hesitate because there are enough things for me to do. Plus, I don’t really want to spend the extra money. They have a variety of different books, like ones that you would color flowers or animals. There have been several articles that say coloring is relaxing. They say it relaxes and gets stress out. I think I’ll just stick with my magazines and puzzles. At least for now.
@Asylum (48266)
• Manchester, England
I do hope that the term adult colouring book does not imply that the content is of an adult nature.
@Asylum No it's just regular stuff, you know that!!
@Asylum (48266)
• Manchester, England
@Susan2015 A likely story.
@Asylum I'm sure they have those over where you are too.
A few of my clients are now coloring in adult coloring books. I find the price you pay for them to be a bit high. You can download some from the internet and print them out.
I wouldn't pay the price that they ask for those coloring books and crayons.
@marlina they sell for almost $10 in most of the local stores. That is just crazy. I would rather print off a few pages. Or if I really wanted to color, grab a children's coloring book.
What type of poeple do Stuff Like that, do they have too much time on their hands. Im Confused
I got one for Christmas and haven't even opened it yet. I don't know if it helps relieve stress but these coloring books seem very popular for adults.
@valmnz (12754)
• New Zealand
I gave in and bought a colouring book and pencils last year. I love using them at the end of a busy day, not every day, just when the mood takes me. The books may seem expensive, but each picture is so detailed it takes ages to complete. I've just got mine out again, for the NZ winter ahead.
Once I start something I don't like to stop.
@valmnz (12754)
• New Zealand
@Susan2015 but some of these pictures are so detailed they take me several hours to complete, not always possible in one sitting.
colorin' certainly's most relaxin', but the marketers've gone o'erboard (my own personal opinion). one can color'n a child's colorin' book fer way less, lol. if'n i'm gonna spend that kinda money'n such, they'd best be true works'f art!
Its too expensive
@Lucky15 (33719)
I have one. And i am thinking another and buying different pencils
Do They Come with Pencils and pens
@Lucky15 (33719)
@Susan2015 you can download and print coloring pages one at a time if you like. I even considered drawing my own. I had colored pencils. I have some very good ones that I bought years ago. I did buy an adult coloring book that has quite a bit of scripture in it. I got it in the section where Wal Mart has "Choice Books" which I believe are brought in by a vendor. I am happy with the book I chose.
@sallypup (27984)
• Moses Lake, Washington
My daughter @Rohvannyn has just made an adult coloring book. It features dragons and other such fantasy creatures. I believe hers is only selling for around five dollars. You order it on line.
I'm looking for some adult coloring books. I can understand how they would eliminate stress.
you have a printer? you can find pages online and print off a few. I found one cheapish at Walmart and got it, and I love it, when I have time. I got markers free from a sample from crowdtap, so no need to buy anything there
@Marcyaz (35618)
I haven't seen them but I have heard about them. I don't think I would spend the money on those.
I do reviews for Amazon products and have received an adult coloring book, pencils and pens, pencil sharpener - all for free. The colored pencils I just reviewed have a retail value of $50. I would ever pay money for this stuff, it's worth writing a review to get them however.
@AbbyGreenhill That is very expensive for pencils. Hope it'a a big package that would last a while. Good you didn't pay for it.
@Susan2015 72 pencils
@AbbyGreenhill That is quite a few and they look like good ones. But still wouldn't pay that much.
Adult coloring books are a great form of relaxation and an aid for meditation. If you want to try them out, you can download a sample page from Johanna Basford's website. Her work is wonderful. I bought two of her books. Yes, they are pricey, but worth it, if you enjoy this sort of thing. I bought two brands of colored pencils. I like Prismacolor best. Start slowly in case you don't enjoy it, so you don't waste your money.
I Need some
@MediciMoor I looked in stores. The best ones are sold online.
@Dextoi (2426)
I suggest you printout black and white photos you like from the net... That way, you can save a lot.
Cheat
@Dextoi (2426)
@MediciMoor just a tip
@Dishari (698)
I haven't yet used one, but does yours look like this?
Some of them are very similar to the picture.
@Dishari (698)
@Susan2015 They must be beautiful!
@newest1 (298)
i have 3 books
Really
I love to color and have been tempted to buy one.
I have some coworkers who do this. Its a nice break from whatever you are doing. But I dont know if I would start. Although I do like to doodle... lol.
I love the look of them but the cheapest ones I have seem were more like $8 and included no pencils or crayons.
@db20747 (9061)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
I saw them on an info-mercial. I like them. They make anyone fell like an artist the colors that come with the kit are very beautiful. The designs too. Very beautiful to put in frames with any décor.