Today's the Day

@Raelove (17325)
Saco, Maine
I got up this morning with a goal of rearranging my big utility closet so I can put Muffin's litter box in there. She tinkled over the edge again the other day, so it was time to find another solution. The closet is off my bedroom, and because it houses all the plumbing for my unit and the one next door, it stays very warm in there all the time. That's the reason I hesitated making this change, but I experimented by leaving the door open a crack, and it seems to help a lot. It's the exact same size as the bathroom, but lacking all the fixtures--toilet, tub/shower, and sink--it is much more spacious. All I keep in there are my big plastic tubs of things I don't use but want to hang onto...memorabilia, photo albums, gadgets I might need like power strips, etc. I moved some of the tubs out into my room and stacked them two-high against the back wall. Now, I have plenty of room in the closet for the litter box! It remains to be seen just how Muffin will take to this new change, which is a big one in the world of cats. I cleaned the litter box, put a clean puppy pad down, and am letting her get used to the idea slowly. Now it's time fill it with litter, and if she uses it right away like she always does once it's clean, then we're good to go...I hope so anyway!!! (Photo of Muffin is mine.)
@MarymargII (10396)
• Toronto, Ontario
Well you're making good use of space as we will see- Muffin is a lovely cat!
@Raelove (17325)
• Saco, Maine
Thanks, and yes, she is. She gets compliments all the time from people who meet her.
@MarymargII (10396)
• Toronto, Ontario
@Raelove no wonder and lovely eyes- great pic by the way!
@Raelove (17325)
• Saco, Maine
@MarymargII Thank you. In the photo, her eyes are a bit washed-out. In real life, they're a deep jade green. They're her best feature!
you are a ambitious woman there.
@Raelove (17325)
• Saco, Maine
Thanks, Fredo. Just getting tired of the mess in the bathroom. It will be much easier to clean in that big closet, as there is a drain in the floor.
Great photo. Like a professional portrait. Interesting black patch Muffin has by his eye.
@Raelove (17325)
• Saco, Maine
Thanks. I think I do quite well with my cheap camera. As for Muffin, she's a girl, and has part-calico spots on the otherwise white body. I particularly love her jade-green eyes. I'm lucky to ever get this good a shot of her, as she's never still for very long.
@Teep11 (7121)
Hopefully Muffin will love the change. If there's more room and cats really love freshness. Things have to be transformed and that includes their food. I think Muffin will get used to it. It may take a bit of time but once Muffin sees that the change will stay. She'll be alright.
@Raelove (17325)
• Saco, Maine
She has no choice, as I'm not putting that box back in the bathroom!
so cute!!
Isn't Muffin just the most beautiful cat? I hope all your efforts are worthwhile.
@Raelove (17325)
• Saco, Maine
So far so good, Judy! She has used it several times, so I think we are home free! And yes, she is pretty, probably the handomest cat I've ever owned.
@Raelove You must be very relieved. It isn't the sort of problem you want to be going on and on.
@garymarsh6 (14317)
I hope she uses it well ! Nice new Photo Rachel and I love the photo of your cat!
@Raelove (17325)
• Saco, Maine
Thanks and thanks! And yes, she is using it. Yay!
I have my fingers crossed for you that Muffin will like the new location and use the box
@Raelove (17325)
• Saco, Maine
Thanks. You can uncross them, 'cause it worked. She's using it. I think she may even like the extra privacy, as I rarely go in there unless it's to get something that I don't use often.
@Dena91 (4510)
She's a beautiful cat. Hoping she'll take to the new litter home. Being warm should be a plus for her. When Buttons was a kitten we worked with her using the toilet. She did okay until one day some water splashed up on her behind and that was that. We couldn't get her back on it. We were so hoping to have her toilet trained. We thought about trying Ginger with it but we're afraid she may try and push Buttons into it!!!! Love our fur babies. Have a blessed evening
@Raelove (17325)
• Saco, Maine
Thanks, Dena. And she has taken to the new setup very nicely. Now, my bathroom is all mine again, and clean! I've heard that it is possible to toilet train a cat, but I'm not that patient, so that wouldn't work for me. Bless you too!
Cats are so particular regarding the placement of their boxes and they sure do let us know they are not pleased. Hope the new location works out well for beautiful, green-eyed Muffin!
@Raelove (17325)
• Saco, Maine
Thanks. She hasn't used it yet, so I'm getting concerned that she "went" elsewhere at some point today. I sure hope not!
@dodoazo (21037)
We couldn't make it to our domestic cats here at home. They just stay outside, find a place to discharge and then back to the house.