What do overweight people eat?

Bucharest, Romania
Overweight people seem to be bothered by rude comments calling them fat or lazy and so on and they have the right to be bothered. Ok, but what exactly do they eat though? How much do they exercise? Just so you know, 5 minutes a day of walking cannot be called exercise. In order for me to lose 2 kg, I had to do push ups, abs and jogging and lots of walking every day and this is on a vegan diet. And now that I stopped doing these exercises for a few days now I think I might have put one kg back. I find it interesting to see how people do not want to be called out on the TRUTH. You won't lose weight with simply going to the store by simply walking. You need intense jogging and abs and push ups if you want to become thinner. Refraining yourself from food won't work either because I tried it too and I know it does not work and it is not a surprise that it does not work.
@sulynsi (2838)
Vegan diets do not work for everyone. My sister, who is very health conscious, was following a strict diet and exercise regime, and ended up putting ON weight. By going to a nutritionist who analyzed her body type, she is now following a more protein based diet and has lost weight almost effortlessly. Please don't compound the erroneous belief that 'one size fits all' because it DOESN'T I believe anyone who is called some derogatory name would be bothered by it. To have one's character disparaged over appearance, over which one may have little control, would be upsetting to ANYONE regardless of their size. I watched So You Think You Can Dance once and watched the audition of a lady who was quite plump, but boy could she move! She was graceful and lithe and was a very talented dancer. The judges were in tears, and they apologized to her for prejudging her. That anyone could call her "lazy", when it is clear how hard she worked, suggests laziness of mind, not on her part, but on the part of the speaker, who was too lazy to get their facts straight.
• Bucharest, Romania
What does she eat though?
@sulynsi (2838)
@Cristi_Ichim Not vegan - anymore - it was very difficult to follow and she ended up having to eat so much just to feel comfortable Now she eats small portions of protein, such as fish and chicken - whole grains, fresh vegetables, fruits - quite a balanced diet - vegetable protein too, but it isn't enough. I have no idea what the dancer eats
• Bucharest, Romania
@sulynsi She ended up having to eat "so much"? I do not feel any need to eat "so much" to be honest. And how much exercise was she doing? Vegan protein is not enough? Wait, whaaaaaaaaaaat? Why has she put on some weight on the vegan diet if vegan protein was not enough though? She should have lost weight not gained weight if that were the case. And you think that a big amount of protein is useful? Actually, it is not useful to eat big amounts of proteins.
There are some people who are suffering from a disease, i forgot the term, that no matter how much they cut down their food intake they continuously gain weight. I used to be under weight and insecure about that. I ate a lot but I still didn't gain weight. Then I aged, and my metabolism started getting slow. Now I'm 38 years old, 5'4" in height and my weight is 54kg. I go for a long ride on my bicycle whenever I can. I go to yoga class three times a week except when I have my period. And I eat triple than women my age.
• Bucharest, Romania
That is good that you do exercise. But do the people that are overweight exercise that much too or they only exercise 10% or less than how much you exercise?
• Bucharest, Romania
Instead of cutting off food they can try going vegan and exercising.
@Cristi_Ichim yeah but some people need meat earl idly those undergoing a special kind of disease.
@scheng1 (24813)
A very good way is to get a job that is physically demanding. I think a few hours of work at the library or laundry services will help us to shed off a few pounds. When we are paid for exercising, we have to complete the tasks, and the few hours of work will make us tired enough to sleep very soundly.
• Bucharest, Romania
Well, I do not have a .job that is physically demanding though
@scheng1 (24813)
@Cristi_Ichim Then you have to cut down on sugar. Sugar is the most dangerous enemy.for people who want to lose weight. There is sugar in natural fruits and vegetables, and yet we take in too much sugar in our coffee, tea, ice cream, cakes and all kinds of desserts.
• Bucharest, Romania
@scheng1 I don't eat much sugar though. In fact, I eat very little sugar. I am 100% sure that my sugar level is lower than the majority of people's sugar level is. It is not only sugar which makes people fat.
@PrarieStyle (2495)
If you want to lose weight, you have to change your whole life style. Quit buying the junk/unhealthy food. I have found that if it's not in the house, no one wants it. I know too many moms all obsessed about losing weight and eating healthy yet they let their children eat unhealthy foods.
• Bucharest, Romania
I don't buy junk food. I eat vegan. I do exercise but I need to exercise more because if I don't I become lazy and there are entire weeks when I don't exercise at all and that is not good. But if I keep consistent for a week and I practice every day my abdominal exercise and push ups and jogging then I definitely will lose some weight in just a week. I lack ambition to keep consistent with exercising
@Cristi_Ichim I think most of us lack ambition to keep consistent with exercising.
@sulynsi (2838)
@Cristi_Ichim this is a very good comment! I completely agree, as I have the same problem. I find if I give it to myself and not exercise, I get out of routine and it gets harder to get back into routine. And I suffer.... Being older now, I have a lot of pain - and I get extremely tired out, which is frustrating, but I have to just keep going and do the best I can.
My mother is over weight. She eats what we eat except she eats half the portion I do. She has thyroid problems which is why the weight won't come off.
• Bucharest, Romania
Well, if the weight won't come off then why she eats half the portion and not the same portion? What is the point of that? What she could try is to eat vegan. Are you vegan?
@Cristi_Ichim Because she doesn't want to keep getting bigger so she limits what she eats. And no I am not vegan.
• Bucharest, Romania
@LovingMyBabies she can try going vegan though
Overweight people are that way for many reasons. Many have thyroid issues or other health problems. Some are laxy and eat a lot of junk. Others have psychological issues. Some have genetic issues to deal with. Some need to have someone like a coach get them going and teach them how much they need to do to lose weight. And, still others are not consistent in exercising and so they don't lose. They need to learn about metabolism and exercise.
• Bucharest, Romania
Have they ever tried veganism + INTENSE exercise and see if they get any results that way?
@Cristi_Ichim ...If they had a trainer, dietician or someone to show them.
@Dishari (700)
The thing is, if someone is fat, it is not supposed to be a problem to others. So there's no such necessity to call out on fat people. One simply can walk by.
• Bucharest, Romania
You mean that we should let people live in their comfortable bubble?
Well, you do have a point when discussing your own weight plan, but experiences vary by individual. I have family members who eat enormous amounts of food, some of it just plain junk. They are obese. I eat much less and much better, so I am not. They do not get any exercise, while I walk and life weights. You are what you eat and do, or do not.
@destimona (1931)
• Luxembourg, Luxembourg
Cut off carbohydrates to reduce weight
• Bucharest, Romania
no. You obviously are misinformed about this issue.