Telemarkets 'bleh Bleh Ugh

Garden Grove, California
Sunday adn I was enjkoying peace from phone calls so what do I get. hello hello nobody answer s then the man says he is calling on behalf of the police foundation something rather then does not say one more word. S o I just hung up . I get more calls wanting donations for this foundation or that foundation to the point that I dread do hear the phone ring. Odd to use S unday to ask for donations.I have no way olf knowing who is calling so I do have to answer the phone in case its my son or o ne of my lose friends I need to get this stopped, any ideas I would so appreciate it so much.
@kevin1877uk (36964)
I'm not us what you could do over there about those called, on my phone I send them to spam calls which sends them to voice mail.
thats a neat thing to have on a ph one mine is an older landline phone darn.
@kevin1877uk (36964)
@Hatley Oh, not sure what you can do then.
@kevin1877uk i found do not call on the net and signed u p for them so that should help a lot.
@carebear29 (28629)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
I usually hang up after a few minutes.
I hung ups when I assumed he had hung up odd t o c all me then not go ahead talking lol.
There is a no call list that you can put your number on.
@Genipher (5135)
You have to remember to do it every year though.
@Genipher Yes you do have to do it every year.
hi both of you I just rejoined and am on their list so hope it really helps
@savak03 (6681)
My phone has a function where I can set a specific ringtone for different callers and this one I can also put my contacts in groups and assign the group it's own ringtone. So, when I get a call from a telemarketer I will tag it in contacts a s a telemarketer and put it in that group. I have one particular ringtone for that group so when it goes off I just ignore it. Make sure it is a ringtone you don't mind listening to. Mine is a song called gunpowder and lead.
I need something l ike that on my phone too
@savak03 (6681)
@Hatley Check your phone out and see if it will let you assign personal ringtones. Even if you can't assign groups you can always use the same ringtone for each telemarketer that calls. Eventually you will get all their numbers tagged and you will be able to get some peace.
@Genipher (5135)
We occasionally go through periods of time where we utterly and completely put up our computer and go without internet access. Those times are so freeing! What's funny is that often during those times, we'll get a call from a heavily accented man who tells us we have a problem with our computer. Huh. That's interesting, guy. Wonder how our UNCONNECTED computer is having issues? And when we laugh and tell him we don't have a working computer, he doesn't believe us!
tahts hilarious and on my computer I often get the pitch that somethinngs wrong and i need this or that companuy and I just bypass and delete.
@cacay1 (33190)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
I do not like to receive calls that are nonsense like in your case, it is a Sunday and the caller is unknown. Better tell him straightly to stop calling.
he hung up on me whch sav ed me from hanging up on him.
@savak03 (6681)
Oh, there is another trick I do. You know most of those calls are made by computers. If you answer it and don't say anything not even hello the computer don't know what do so it just hangs up. A real person will say something so you don't have to worry about missing calls from your friends.
thats a great idea and I also have jo ined the do not call list too
see if your son can help you register your number on the do not call registry, or perhaps it's time to get a phone with caller ID on it.
As long as there is an outbound call center out there besides my country, I don't think it will ever stop. I never like that account to begin, i just don't have the devil's balls to annoy foreign customers
Next time one calls tell them you want to be taken off their calling list. You may have to do this a few times before they get it. That is what I do. I get a lot less calls too.