My Daughter ate Something

source: flickr/jdavis
@Frischy (119)
Last night I told you about my daughter who seemed to be on a hunger strike due to her homesickness. Before she got up, my husband went out to look for fruit. She loves fruit, but we have had some trouble finding fruit here in Dakar. He brought home some red grapes, cantaloupe and two bunches of bananas. He cut up the cantaloupe, and when she got up she ate about 1/3 of it. He and I ate the other 2/3. And then she drank a glass of orange juice. Now he has gone to try to find a pineapple. The fruit vendor he bought the other items from told him they don't have pineapples in Senegal. Do they have pineapple where you are?
• Uzbekistan
Certainly not fresh ones, but we can buy them at the greengrocer's. I live in Germany. :-)
@Frischy (119)
Do pineapples grow anywhere in Europe?
• Uzbekistan
@Frischy No. Not even the Southern European countries are warm enough.
@Frischy Pineapples are imported here to Latvia. Unfortunately they are usually not ripe and once they do get riper at home they are not very good. Much too tart.
@Teep11 (7138)
Pineapples from the store is what we're use to. It would be nice to obtain some fresh pineapples. It sounds like a fruit feast took place.
@Frischy (119)
We went to the supermarket and found a pineapple there.
@hereandthere (32762)
at first i thought it was papaya, but when i read cantaloupe, oh, that's right, though we call it melon here. yes, we have pineapples here. i prefer the big juicy pale ones, but the vendors here tend to sell the small bright yellow compact pineapples.
@Frischy (119)
I have never seen different varieties. The best pineapple I have ever had was in Guinea.
There are no pineapples in Europe, but you can find pineapples in any grocery store. They are usually imported from Costa Rica or Brazil.
Yep we have pineapples flown in from areas that are warm enough for pineapples to grow and the grocery store prices are relatively inexpensive, depending on what time of year. Since this post how is your daughter doing ?
my country is a land of pineapple...eat fresh or cook ..very delicius
@MsTickle (24993)
They grow here in Qld. sometimes you can get them free. Straight from the farm and so much better than store bought.
@zarlamain (24885)
Yes, they cost less than $3 a pineapple over here regardless of size.
@cpefley (1699)
• Hemet, California
Yay! I'm glad she ate. I love pineapple. I live in California, so we have pretty much every fruit available.
Yes they do have them in the grocery store.
@Lucky15 (33698)
We got a lot here
We also have pineapple, although it is kind of expensive. not sure where they get it from! Was that your daughter's first time eating cantelope?
@sishy7 (27598)
I've seen them in the stores down here but I don't even know if they grow here or not...