Noises and People Good and Bad

@noni1959 (2594)
Some noises set me off feeling anger or rage. Some give me a nauseous feeling and weird feelings (like touching wet cardboard or brown paper towels from rest rooms.) I have Misophonia and hearing loud chewing, smacking, pen clicking, finger drumming and dogs yapping constantly set me off. Over the years I've controlled myself long enough to go away from the source but there has been times I couldn't and finally would yell at the person to stop. Some sounds give me a feeling of euphoria and some relax and help with my stress. Pencil writing on a hard surface, filling out paper on clip boards, walking in dried mud, chalk board and writing on crinkled paper are a few. I have ASMR (Autonomy Sensory Meridian Response) and only in the past few years have I admitted it once I found out many others have come out. It's hard to study since many react differently to this phenomenon. The one that baffles me but might possibly be a protection reaction; nausea around some people. They can look fine, act fine and yet I have this weight crushing ill feeling and have to remove myself. I've only talked to two others with the same. I've been called odd, mentally ill, strange, and so on in the past. Now I know it's more common that some admit and even have youtube videos out now. I'm finding it's normal for me to be abnormal to some.
@VivaLaDani13 (16124)
• Perth, Australia
@noni1959 I've never been diagnosed with this for I haven't actually told a doctor yet but I have no doubt in my mind that I have it. I'm so sorry you have this! I don't know what level I have ( if there are levels ) but I just know that nowadays it has got much worse for me. I don't know why it has got worse but certain things my dad and brother do make my heart pound harder and faster. The yawning, crunching of food, gulping..especially f*cking gulping coughing, sometimes even them talking, sneezing etc my reaction can go a few ways. *Sit and just wishing for the sound/s to stop soon even though I can feel as if I want to attack... *Yell out for them to stop the sound. *Leave the room quickly! *Mock / mimic the sound in an annoyed and sarcastic way. Not that I wish for anyone to have this but it just helps I'm not the only one to have this. I was worried for so long thinking I just had severe anger issues or something.
@Daljinder (19767)
@VivaLaDani13 Have you told your doc about it yet? I cough a lot for no reason other than to just cough. My throat tickles so I have to cough. I sneeze loudly too.
• Perth, Australia
@Daljinder Only a little bit. But haven't gone into full detail yet but I assure you, it will be discussed. Have you ever asked a doctor about that?
@Daljinder (19767)
@VivaLaDani13 lol good! and yeah my parents did bring the coughing issue with the doctors when that kidney issue happened. I think that cough started during that period. X-rays showed nothing wrong with my lungs. Maybe it is just mild allergic reaction to dirt and pollen in the air.
• Denmark
You've come a long way. Congratulations to having reached this stage of wise insight! Other people have also their spleens.
n all the 18 years of studying Psychology and receiving two degrees in it, I have not heard that particular phobia ever being recorded, it must be a new one the American Psychological Association created, sorry this particular affliction is not one you can easily overcome.
The key is that you consider this normal. You seem to have dealt with this condition very well. It is also comforting to know that no human out there is normal. We all have our weird conditions that make us rather unique.