Going vegetarian again: sicker on meat than on a vegetarian diet:

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I have been a bit sick because i went back to eating meat for a while. I realized that i felt sicker on meat than i do whenever i am on a vegetarian diet. Maybe i wasn't doing it right, but i am researching vegetarianism and going to do it properly this time around. I have been feeling sick since i started meat. I came to the conclusion that i am not meant to eat an animal. I love animals too much. Ingesting them feels like a mortal sin (That is the worst kind of sin the Roman Catholic Church) Does anybody have any tips they wish to share about eating vegetarianism or tell about an experience being a vegetarian? No meat today (Tuesday) i had pasta salad and cranberry sauce) I will be cooking vegetarian recipes and letting my lot know if i come across a tasty one! I am willing to eat anything as long it is the proper food to eat.
There's no protein in pasta salad and cranberry sauce. Definitely do your research about vegetarian diets. You will feel sick on that one as well if you don't do it properly.
Yes, one has to be careful to get enough nutrients.
@marlina I will be doing research on those nutrients and will do it properly, don't worry i am dedicating myself to this lifestyle and will do a lot of research on what to eat and the vitamins i need!
@marlina MarlinA I did some research and now know that there are foods to be eaten as a vegetarian. I am going out tonight so will stop at the store and get proper foods.
@xFiacre (6467)
@Marty1 I too am cutting out meat entirely for a variety of reasons one of which is that I reckon it's a much healthier diet. It can be expensive though and require a a bit of imagination. Today I made a truly delicious lentil dish and all the family enjoyed it and never commented on their being no meat; even my wife liked it!
@xfiacre Glad, you are cutting out meat. Will have to try lentils. I have a pile of other that i will use recipes to eat that i am looking for soon! I don't have anybody to cook for but myself, so i think it won't be too expensive! But if it is, so be it as i think it is worth it to save one animal! Good luck on your vegetarian journey!
We don't eat lentils here but we had some very nice lentil-based meals in Ireland when staying with our son.
@JudyEv what is a lentil? I never had one.I never even saw one!
@ridingbet (39127)
we can adds strips of meat in the viands we make. even if the viand is a vegetable meal.
@ridingbet I hate to admit this but my mom never and neither have i attempted to make a viand. I don't even have an idea what it is. Can you please explain what a viand is? I have heard the term but never knew what is meant?
@ridingbet (39127)
@Marty1 a viand is the dish that we serve for meals. that is what i understand about the word viand
@ridingbet what type of foods are in the viands you have as meals?
@CRK109 (14286)
All I can tell you from my last bout of vegetarianism is don't forget the Vitamin B. Since I wasn't eating any meat or fish, my diet was sorely lacking in real protein and my tongue turned black. The doctor said it was a lack of vitamin B. So I went back to eating meat one day a week and I'm back to normal now.
@crk109 Thank you so much for sharing. I appreciate it; I decided to go back to meat. I am just too hungry without it
@CRK109 (14286)
@Marty1 Trust me, you don't have to eat a lot of meat to be healthy. I eat meat maybe once or twice a week and I'm fine. :)
@MGjhaud (20823)
im a meat eater and i dont know how to go about eating vegetablea for a long time. i just dont have the appetite of having veggies on the table unless its new and tasty maybe.
@mgJHAUD i decided to have a mixed diet of meat and vegetables as i have been too hungry without meat.
I'm sure you'll be fine if you make sure you get enough protein.
@i am doing research on protein, and i decided to go back to meat because i am just too hungry on a vegetarian diet. I think i am making myself a can of ravioli with beef in them for dinner! It goes against my morals, but i also don't want to be huge in weight. Too many snacks with no meat
This vegetarian will be delighted if you discover some vegetarian recipes! If you come up with some goods ones my friend, you will be all set and feeling good!! Hugs!
@corbin5 I am looking them up tonight and going to the grocery store tomorrow after my doctor's appointment! I have to clip my coupons first! The woman of the house should always clip coupons! And use them! I have some magazines that are vegetarian recipes! Love coming your and Molly's way!
@solitary (263)
I also like this vegetable, very taste