There are ants everywhere

These ants do not bite but they are all over the place here, specially in the kitchen. I use a water moat for keeping food so that they do not go there but if food is dropped on the floor the floor gets flooded with ants I have a mild insecticide - Notix - which I spray and in moments they disappear to come again may be after a few hours. I give up. Hope this menace will go off on its own. I know it will but till then have patience @allknowing!!!
@sunrisefan (16694)
There might be wise ants who will use life vests to cross the moat :)
Must check on that
@sunrisefan (16694)
@allknowing Hahaha!
I really wouldn't like this - only because it's not something I've ever had to put up with.
You mean to say Australia has no ants?
@allknowing Australia has ants but mostly houses aren't infested with them. Sometimes they find their way into houses but they're not a huge problem to everyone. Maybe just to a few people.
@JudyEv I like my place to be without ants. It is not infested per se as you may assume. But they are there and after spraying they disappear but come again.
@allknowing Two years ago I had an ant infestation in the kitchen. There were little black ants everywhere. I researched home remedies. Out of all the home remedies i had baby powder, and i would sprinkle it on every ant that i saw, and it would instantly die, or maybe it was paralyzed, but the ant never moved again! It helped my ant problem! I kept the powder on the surfaces i put it on the ants so it would kill any other ant that dare went near it. It took about a week or so and had no had any since!
Just powder doing that? Must try. The ants that we have here do not bite. They are tiny ones.
@allknowing my ants were microscopic so if they weren't getting on my sunk counter, in the sink, and on the stove I would consider letting them live, but it was unsanitary. I didn't want those germs in the kitchen. I forgot that i found where i thought they were getting in the house, and that was where I put on an extra heavy dose of extra powder. I believe it helped lower the amount of them entering. I think it was about two or three weeks long having these so called "visitors."
• Merced, California
Theres ants in my pants.
Hope they remain there forever
@sunrisefan (16694)
@allknowing Hahaha!
@Marcyaz (36017)
I never had any ants in the house here last year but I did have that problem in AZ.
I think it is seasonal here.
• Merced, California
Why in the hot weather ants suddenly come out of nowhere?
They feel warm in there. Cannot bear the heat.
• Eugene, Oregon
It seems at times that our city is built atop an ant hill of little black ants like that. We use an ant insecticide called Terro which seems to keep them at bay. They eat and take it back to the nest where it destroys the colony.
I feel sorry for them looking at how industrious they are
@rona07 (1672)
Ikr. They seem to be everywhere this days.. I have the same prob as you. They were gone a few months ago but now they are back.
As and when you see them you can spray notix a mild insecticide.
@Shiva49 (10641)
When we live surrounded by nature they are common. If we live in high rise apartments they are less like mosquitoes. Yes, good to have a water moat to keep ants away like I do for honey - siva
I do it for cooked food. These ants are harmless but a nuisance.
Years ago, when I lived somewhere else, I had to bug bomb the place to get rid of the ants. It was so horrible! Did you know they won't cross a line of cinnamon? I mean it can't be a small sprinkle, but my mom used to get ants on her window ledge, so she put a thick line of cinnamon on it and I think maybe one got through, but it didn't get far.
Good idea provided we know their starting point.
In fact today it is hardly to see the ants indoors. It is easy to kill them anyway. You just need to buy some medicine which it can kill all the ants easily.
Hope your problem will get better soon......
@sunrisefan (16694)
Ants are seasonal though. Sometimes they're aplenty but after awhile they're gone by themselves.
I hate ants!! I hope they go away!
I hope you are able to get rid of them soon.