I just dont understand

Williamsburg, Virginia
I don't understand how someone can tell you one minute they love you and the minute tell you the want a divorce. Then a couple days later act like nothing happened. How does he think I'm gonna recover from that? What do I do now? Stay with hope it will get better or leave? I don't know what to do.
@sabashekh (1235)
• Bhopal, India
Just talk to him ... There's lack of communication .... Just sit n talk ...
@PalSheena (222)
sometimes we tend to say things which we don't really mean. words hurt at times but i believe one should try to overlook them sometimes and believe what they really feel. so u should probably try to understand each others thoughts instead of keeping things in mind.
@tomford (138)
• Richmond, Virginia
you should be talking to each other and not us. it sounds like there is a problem that needs to be worked out and if one day he wants a divorce and the next day he doesn't shows its not over but could be if things aren't ironed out. how do you feel about him?
@Sweetsona (302)
Everyone deserves a second chance but not a third one.. Then its their habit to hurt you so dont put up with that
@sonesh1 (177)
• Bangalore, India
Always give a second chance to a relationship and when the second chance is over then there is no chance :) Just forget and you too try to behave like nothing has happened...
I would not like that. To me it is psychological abuse.
@rusty2rusty (6767)
• Defiance, Ohio
Your next step is to open communication between each other. Start talking about whatever the problem is to work it out. See if you both can move past it. Otherwise, you will end up surprised when he walks out or you receive divorce papers.
If you are working save some money. Just in case.
You been with him a while does he have mood swings where he would say one thing and change it later on.
@zarlamain (24531)
That is so saddening. First, you are loved. Then, divorce is thrown your way. It's in minutes - not even months or years. Was the divorce mentioned in a sober state or a drunk state? Was it sincere or a joke? Does the person have some kind of emotional disorder like bipolar disorder where mood swings are frequent? How can someone bring up divorce and then act like nothing happened a few days later? I just don't understand either. That's really upsetting. And how do you feel? Do you feel like you will never be able to recover from this? Does it seem impossible? Are you scarred? If it hurts you so much that you feel that you cannot recover from it and you feel that happiness in the relationship is gone on your part, then the first thing you should do is confront. Why did you say you love me one minute and then bring up divorce the next? Are you playing with me? Am I joke to you? Are you sincere? Do you really want a divorce? Your love is a lie, isn't it? There is no you could possibly love me genuinely if you confess your love in a minute and then bring up divorce the next. Confront him and go from there.