So much I'd like to get done

@dodo19 (32867)
Beaconsfield, Quebec
There are quite a few things I'd like to get done today. First, I'd like to go through my kids' clothes, bring out the summer clothes, get rid of what doesn't fit, or what they don't wear, and stuff. I've been wanting to do it for a while but now it has too. The downstairs needs to be cleaned up terribly. It's such a mess. Plus, since it's supposed to be a beautiful day, I'd like to spend time with my kids outside. It'd be a waste to spend some of it outside. This is on my to-do list. I do hope I can get something done, but I'm not sure. My husband is still not feeling well, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to do their clothes today. I can hopefully do the downstairs at least and be outside with my kids. I'll try and do what I can. So, I'll leave you guys and start cleaning. It's a good time to do it, since my kids are busy watching a little tv and busy doing other things.
@miniam (9241)
• Bern, Switzerland
Sorting clothes is never an easy task, i always find myself having an excuse not to get rid of things.I hope your kids will help you do the sorting so they can hold on to some things they love. I never have to do list, i do what i can whenever time comes up.Wish you a lovely day.
@dodo19 (32867)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I don't usually have a to do list either, but today there are just some things that need to get done. As much as it'd be nice to have the kids help, it might just be quicker if I do it by myself. If they were a little older, I'd probably have them help. Although I'll admit it is hard to get rid of some things. Some things we keep, but we try to get rid of as much as we can.
@miniam (9241)
• Bern, Switzerland
@dodo19 Well good luck and lots of fun
Good luck with doing what you want to do.
@dodo19 (32867)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Thanks. So far, I'm off to a pretty good start.
Hope you get to do all those things.
@dodo19 (32867)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Thanks, I'll keep my fingers crossed.
@MarymargII (9737)
• Toronto, Ontario
it's been cooler so I haven't felt like switching the clothes yet but I usually do as the winter sweaters take up so much space in dressers. I'm holding off for a bit though- Big job and cold weather-- ha!
@dodo19 (32867)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Yeah I know. I didn't change it due to the weather. I still left some pants, long sleeves and sweaters just in case.
• Toronto, Ontario
@dodo19 Even though the weekend might have snow! so they say- I am switching next week!
@dodo19 (32867)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@MarymargII I heard something like that. I definitely hope not. I checked the weather for our area, and there's no sign of snow, but I'll be cautious.
@CRK109 (14465)
Best way to tackle all of that is to give yourself a specific chunk of time for each task. Going through clothes can be tiring so maybe one hour will get you through a big chunk of it and you can pack away the clothes that need to be donated so your pile won't be as large for the next time! :)
@dodo19 (32867)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I did manage to get some done. We've done a little bit every day, and it's helped. The clothes are pretty much all straighten out, which is nice. As for the cleaning, well we have to do a little bit everyday.
@CRK109 (14465)
@dodo19 It's amazing how a little bit every day really does make a difference! :)
@dodo19 (32867)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@CRK109 it really does make a difference.
@PainsOnSlate (20254)
I hope you choose playing with your babies, the house will always be there but your children grow up so fast...
@dodo19 (32867)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I did manage to play with my kids. As much as we do have do things around the house, my kids and spending time with them is always the most important.
@dodo19 I loved the time I spent with my kids, and they are adults now and appreciate that time shared as children.
@dodo19 (32867)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@PainsOnSlate I can imagine. It's really special spending time with them.
@Blondie2222 (21765)
Well I hope you get the things done you have listed. I need to get the motivation to clean out my room as I'm getting a new bed etc and painting my room soon. I only have a few weeks to do it before my new bed is delivered oh the struggles.
@dodo19 (32867)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I know how you feel. I need the motivation as well, otherwise I just procrastinate. But, for whatever reason, today I'm motivated to clean up and sort the clothes. This really doesn't happen often, and my husband can testify to that.
@Blondie2222 (21765)
@dodo19 I am tired today and didn't want to get out of bed. I could nap now but have to be to work in an hour ugh
@dodo19 (32867)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@Blondie2222 oh that's not a good feeling. I hate it when I'm in that mood,
@gudheart (12752)
It is hard to get everything done in one day, but we can try! hope you manage to get as much as you can done before the kids need your attention!
@dodo19 (32867)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It sure can be tricky. But I'm going to try. That's all we can do.
@gudheart (12752)
@dodo19 You can only try your best :D
@dodo19 (32867)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@gudheart exactly. That's all I can do.
How did the cleaning go? It is nice to have a clean house.
@dodo19 (32867)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I did manage to clean a little, and put some clothes away. There's still quite a bit that I need to go through, but it's a start.
@dodo19 ...Sure. Every little bit helps.
@Marcyaz (35672)
That is one thing I need to do soon is to go through my clothing and sort out the winter clothes from the summer clothes. I don't think it is time to do it just yet though as I want to make sure the weather is going to stay nice first.
@dodo19 (32867)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Yeah I understand. I've made sure to keep some pants and long sleeve shirts out, just in case we need them. I'd rather be safe that sorry.
@Marcyaz (35672)
@dodo19 Bes to be safe and not have to go through the clothing again to find the long pants and long sleeve shirts.
Keeping a house clean with little kids is always difficult. Hope you get something done, and that your husband feels better soon.
@dodo19 (32867)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Thankfully everyone is better now. It's easy to keep things clean but we try to tidy up as much as we can to make sure it doesn't get out of hand.
I waited to long to do the dishes and have my coffee this morning so now I am so tired it is hard to stay awake sitting here. I hope you got everything on your to-do list finished. I have a busy weekend but I am doing okay on getting things done so I can relax a bit now.
@dodo19 (32867)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It's hard to do stuff when you're tired. I did manage to get most of it done. There are still some clothes I need to go through and put away, but for the moment it can wait. The summer stuff is out.
Are your kids old enough to help you? My mom always had us help her, and I'm sure you could use the help. Moms work hard!
@dodo19 (32867)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
My two girls are old enough to do somethings, as my eldest is 4 1/2 and my youngest girl is going to be 3 in a month. We do tend to have them help out a little, by asking them to pick up their books, or their toys, and such. But my son is 15 months, so he's still a little too young. My husband and I do encourage our girls to help a little, and will ask them sometimes.
@slund2041 (3378)
I hope your husband feels better soon. I guess you would need to do the most important things first, like spending time with your children outside. LOL
@dodo19 (32867)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Lol that's true. My husband does feel better and I have been able to get stuff done.
@ridingbet (52704)
okay but take some rest off too with your household chores.
@dodo19 (32867)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I did rest too. I wasn't going to try and over do it.
@Missmwngi (9572)
• Nairobi, Kenya
I hope you will be able to get it all done
@dodo19 (32867)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I did manage to get some cleaning done, and spend some quality time with my kids.
@Teep11 (7050)
There's always something to do. When the kids are settled and occupied that's the best rime to get things done. Have a great weekend.
@dodo19 (32867)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
That's absolutely true. If they're busy, then it's always a good time to be busy too.
Hope you were able to get some of what you wanted done.
@dodo19 (32867)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Yes, I was able too. Perhaps not as I'd wanted, but some did get done.
@AnneEJ (5014)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
Sorry your husband is still not feeling well. I hope you accomplish all you want to do today, but be sure and take time to get outside. It is going to be a beautiful day.
@dodo19 (32867)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I've heard it's going to be nice. Going outside is definitely something I want to do. I'll make time for it. Hopefully my husband feels better soon.
@rina110383 (24135)
I'm confident you'll accomplish a lot today.
@dodo19 (32867)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I'll certainly try. I've already managed to do some cleaning and go through some of the clothes. I'd still like to do more, but it's a good start.