The benefits of Sweet Potato

@shivamani10 (11170)
Hyderabad, India
This is the part of the sweet vegetable family that includes beets, carrots, and turnip etc.,As a healthy, starchy vegetable they can make their presence in any type of meals. There are many ways the sweet potatoes are useful ; They are rich in Starch content Rich in vitamin A content : Most of the Beta-carotene present in the Veggie will be converted into Vitamin.A. Controls Diabetes:Recent Research Reports suggests that it has got the property of controlling Diabetes both type 1 and type2 Regulates Digestion: The veggie is rich in fiber content especially the top layer. Stomach Ulcers: Due to the presence of Beta Carotene, Potassium, Calcium, and Vitamin.C act as a good remedy for Stomach Ulcers. Effective for Arthritis The Beta Carotene, Calcium, Magnesium, and Vitamin C present in Sweet potato are critical in fighting Arthritis. The beauty of the application is that when this is boiled in water, the boiled water can be used rubbing it at the joint for a great pain reliever. They improve Vision: This aspect is in research stage.
@zarlamain (24866)
I bake my sweet potatoes as well. So delicious!
Hi there Zarla curious what are you seasoning the potato with or rubbing it down with before baking in the oven, cause I want something different than my usual walnut oil and ginger rub . . . ?
@zarlamain (24866)
@enlightenedpsych2 Hi there! I use salt, pepper, and a bit of olive oil and make them under medium heat for 30 minutes. I haven't used ginger or garlic powder yet, but I would love to try.
Good post with valuable info BUT I must add that for women under the age of 50 who are STILL trying to get pregnant, eating too many sweet potatoes which have estrogen could be problematic for the reproductive system and how hormones might interrupt the possibility to conceive or make it impossible; so be careful how you post this stuff making sure you let either of the genders know how much or how little should be ingested
@shivamani10 (11170)
• Hyderabad, India
Very nice.Thanks.I will keep this aspect in mind.
@shivamani10 sorry I did not mean to sound so reprimanding I just wanted to share what I know about these delicious kind of potato and what being the gender woman has to do with it -- glad you will 'keep it in mind' though your welcome
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
I love sweet potatoes, I bake mine!
Hey Michael just curious if you weight lift DOES the sweet potato having more estrogenic properties within its genetic makeup, curtail any need for power lifting because this particular tuber vegetable root actually sculpts the male physique, or so I have read ?
Thanks Sivaji for the information. In Kolkata hardly sweet potato is found. But I learned about the good effects of sweet potato.