So Many Recipes

@IvySaysHi (4342)
There are so many recipes in my cook books that I want to try. The problem is that they usually include some ingredient(s) that we just don't have in the house. I guess next time we go grocery shopping I should start looking for some of the ingredients in these recipes. It is so annoying to me that I have to wait until I am able to make some of these recipes just because of not having 1-2 missing ingredients! Do you usually miss an ingredient when trying new recipes?
If I want to make a special recipe I make sure I have all the ingredients before I start.
@miniam (9233)
• Bern, Switzerland
l do have the same problem mostly for some things you can not freeze,whenever that`s the case, i just stay away otherwise money just gets wasted
@polyxena (2573)
• Sturgis, Michigan
That's usually how it is, I mean my husband likes to bake so when it comes to baking we have all the stuff we need at home already, but when I decide I want to have something special there's numerous times where I don't have what we need.
@IvySaysHi (4342)
Yeah pretty much the situation here. I think it is because these cook books are for meals that will help with my healthy eating without hindering my weight loss.
@polyxena (2573)
• Sturgis, Michigan
@IvySaysHi I know that feeling. A lot of the cook books though for weight loss, at least a lot of them that I've seen, have weird ingredients that I haven't heard much about, which always gets difficult.
@IvySaysHi (4342)
@polyxena Yeah these ones call for like flax seed oil, butter milk, goat cheese, different kinds of flour, and the list goes on
Yes, it seems that I get excited about a recipe, go look for ingredients, and am usually missing one or more. I suppose we could look for possible substitutions online.