Rainy and Cold, Bad for Baseball

@AliCanary (1852)
I was feeling happy and lucky to get a free pair of baseball tickets from my job earlier this week. They're good seats, almost right behind home plate. But things started to unravel when I couldn't find anyone to go with me (my husband is weird about doing anything on a work night, my bestie has a date, my second-bestie is out of town, and so on). And now, the weather is being uncooperative. It's been cold and rainy all day, and that isn't likely to change. I guess I'd be better off just going home and curling up on the couch under a blanket--maybe I'll just check in here later!
So what minor league team were you going to see?
@AliCanary (1852)
The Greensboro Grasshoppers vs the Columbia Sand Flies, lol
@AliCanary Greensboro is A ball team for the Marlins.
@AliCanary (1852)
Yep, and I think the Sand Flies are the farm team for the Mets--it has NYM after their nae on the tickets.
@Lolaze (3168)
A bunch of my friends and I did that a few weeks ago - got free tickets to a Caridnals vs Cubs game but forecast of rain that day. We went anyway and made it to the 6th inning before the clouds opened up on us and we got soaked.
@AliCanary (1852)
That was a pretty good run, up until the "getting soaked" part! This is just a minor league game, but I like it anyway :)
• Walnut Creek, California
@AliCanary Watching minor league games is fun. We did some of that in Iowa.
@AliCanary (1852)
@TheHorse - It's a fun thing to do! We enjoy all the silly activities they do between innings.
Give the tickets away!
@AliCanary (1852)
I doubt anyone would take them, although I was thinking of actually going down to the stadium at game time and seeing if anyone wanted them.
• Denver, Colorado
We once spent an entire Rockies game in the brewery in Coors Field drinking and watching the game on TV because it was wet and cold.
@AliCanary (1852)
That sounds like an excellent strategy!
@Macarrosel (7536)
Well, despite the things happened, I hope you've enjoy the day in other ways.
@AliCanary (1852)
I did have a calm, pleasant evening at home. Thank you :)
I think they probably still play in that awful weather. I would not want to. I would probably not bothering going if I was you. I hate getting wet. It has rained here for over a week straight I am very tired of it. The apple tree has some pink flowers blooming though so I guess that is something happy due to the rain.
@AliCanary (1852)
That's a nice part of it, at least, and sometimes blossoms look even more colorful in contrast to a gloomy day!
The cold and the rain would make for a rather uncomfortable viewing of a baseball game. Curling up sounds good to me.
@AliCanary (1852)
Yep, I'm having a nice hot tea as we speak :)
@Teep11 (7281)
It's been rainy for two days. It appears it's all cleared up now. I'm sorry that you were unable to go to the baseball game. That wouldn't been a great outing. Hopefully the weather will get better and the sun will come out to play. Have a great upcoming weekend.
@AliCanary (1852)
Thanks very much, hope you have one, too!
• Walnut Creek, California
What will you do with the tickets?
@AliCanary (1852)
I didn't do anything with them--it was pouring the rain down, so I just stayed in.
• Walnut Creek, California
@AliCanary Did the game even happen?
@AliCanary (1852)
@TheHorse - To be honest, I never checked. It was pretty rainy all day, but teams are known to slog through it in order not to have to make it up. The tickets were free, so I figured easy come, easy go.
@Shellyann36 (11257)
If the weather is being too uncooperative I would just stay home. We are suppose to have a 70% chance of rain tomorrow. (Tuesday, 17th). I have several errands to run tomorrow. I hate driving in the rain.
@AliCanary (1852)
It's no fun. I don't mind going out in the rain if it's my choice, but it's nice to have the option to stay in if you can.
@Shellyann36 (11257)
@AliCanary So far it is overcast but no rain as of yet. When I went out yesterday I purchased a new umbrella because mine has disappeared. I will have it in case it does rain this afternoon.
@Chellezhere (1393)
UGH! It's difficult enough to want to go do something alone sometimes, and bad weather just makes it worse.
@AliCanary (1852)
I might have gone alone if the weather had been fine. I wouldn't really have felt alone, as there is a lot of camaraderie in the stands!
@AliCanary I understand.
I don't imagine I would have gone either. Well I wouldn't have much interest no matter what the weather.
@AliCanary (1852)
I actually really enjoy going to the games, but the weather just didn't cooperate!
• Preston, England
sad that no one was free to join you for the game and the weather turned on you too - nice that you got the tickets though