In the making

Peoria, Arizona
So I decided that because I am the one that loves to my crafty I want to eventually start my own little cross stitch store. I used to have a weird crochet store when I was like 16 and did really well but because of school I was too busy to keep going but I earned a lot of money from it. Eric was talking to me last night and he suggested I should open a craft store, which I love. I love crafting, I love cross stitch and crocheting. Eventually, I'll learn how to knit! It is just so neat. So yeah, I have no idea when I get to start because it takes money to make money but I am super excited. I really really want to be creative and do something with my hands. I get so antsy! I need to do something. Really hoping family or someone could donate to my little business but it doesn't look like that is gonna happen. Just gotta keep trying to find ways to earn money so I can start!
@polyxena (2574)
• Sturgis, Michigan
I love crafting as well, maybe try loon knitting instead of basic knitting. As a leftie I don't really do well on basic knitting and crocheting.
@kevin1877uk (36964)
I'm a leftie too but knit righthanded, I was shown righthanded by mom and grandma when i was 7
@polyxena (2574)
• Sturgis, Michigan
@kevin1877uk Lefties seem to be very creative and great artists.
@kevin1877uk (36964)
@polyxena You are so true there, there are so many creative people who are lefties :)
@kaka135 (14068)
That's really good! It's always good to be able to make money with what you love to do. Are you planning to open a physical store or online store? You can always sell your crafts online, such as etsy and other online sites, but I am not sure how to start up, as I haven't try it myself. Good luck to you!
• Peoria, Arizona
Only online store. I do not have enough money or patience to do a physical store haha I used to have an online store and I made a bit with it. It is fun and pretty easy to do.
@DesirousDreamer ....There are a lot of online stores where you can sell things now days. Feels good d to be creative.
• Peoria, Arizona
@celticeagle Yep! I am a fan of a lot of online stores.
@kevin1877uk (36964)
I wish you all the best, I knit and sell on Etsy and have my own website.
• Peoria, Arizona
That is really awesome! I would have done crocheting but all my hooks and yarn are in Arizona haha
@kevin1877uk (36964)
@DesirousDreamer Thank you. Aww sorry to hear that they are so far away from you.
• Peoria, Arizona
@kevin1877uk It is a shame but they will be here some day!
@zarlamain (24889)
I really enjoy crafts as a hobby here and there. I've been making my own costume jewelry for a while, but I have nowhere to sell them online without having to pay a big fee. I just stick to giving them away as presents - although I want to sell some for extra money.
• Peoria, Arizona
When I first did it I just did a store on facebook and shared it around! It is fun, there also are art shows and such that people sell things at.
@zarlamain (24889)
@DesirousDreamer There are some local craft and garden shows around here. I would love to stop by and check one of them out one day.
• Peoria, Arizona
@zarlamain You should! i love art shows. I wish there were more around here
How nice to make some $ at something you enjoy. That is great! People don't have time now days do it themselves so I bet these people would like to pay for something hand made.
• Peoria, Arizona
I love handmade things so I thought it would be fun to do it myself. it is like painting with thread! It is awesome!
@DesirousDreamer .....It is amazing what can be made with thread.
• Peoria, Arizona
@celticeagle It is. I really want to get into latch hook too. It is really awesome!
@Missmwngi (10773)
• Nairobi, Kenya
All the best
• Peoria, Arizona
Thank you!
@rona07 (1662)
Wish you luck and success. It is nice to make a business out of your own hobby coz youll be enjoying it..so it doesnt seem like work..
• Peoria, Arizona
Yeah, when you have fun you never work a day in your life! :D
@quantum2020 (9761)
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
I wish you can start your business and succeed.
• Peoria, Arizona
Thank you very much!
@MGjhaud (20679)
will you be selling your finished project or are you going to sell patterns and stuff? i used to do cross stiching but i cant ever knit.
• Peoria, Arizona
The finished projects. it is easy to make patterns now days haha
• Bedford, Texas
Good luck with your cross stitch store. I never learned how to cross stitch or knit. I don't think I have the patience to learn.
• Peoria, Arizona
Cross stitch is fairly easy, it just takes up a lot of time. Crocheting is a lot easier than knitting, it is fun to do.