Asking me to cover a shift Saturday

@ricki_911 (18218)
Toronto, Ontario
I find it funny how my work wont help you out or work with you yet when they want something. I am working 9-1 on Saturday, I have the cat at 6pm, then paint night 7-9pm. They suddenly says its ok to work over 8 hours (yet tell us you can't any other time), that you can split the shift up, and now they want to hand you all these hours when it's convenient for them. I said sorry I am busy, and then they are whining about it.
I hate corporations because of that. Where I Work? Oh we need you to come in and work, but then the next week they dock your hours to make up for it. They dont' do overtime. You can get like 2-3 weeks of fulltime like hours before you are down to like 15 hour work weeks just to get things back sorted. I used to be all about going in when they needed me, now it's "sorry I can't." Pretty sad when I've got an excuse at the tip of my tongue every time.
@ricki_911 (18218)
• Toronto, Ontario
That is how my work is. I said 28 hours are fine, and then this week its 30 then 16. Many of the teenagers don't want to work, yet one day it was acceptable to work 10 hours in a shift. I know they wont give me more hours but doc my hours give them to these teenagers who will call in sick like now.
Well @ScribbledAdNauseum I cannot say I hate all employers working in a corporate setting because that would be unfair to those that actually work with the employees instead of against them but I relate to your complaint on them
So difficult to please employers when they encourage flexibility and we go and exercise it on our terms !
If you are busy how do they think that you can work.
@zarlamain (24146)
I had something like that happen. I had a day off and my manager called me and asked me to cover a shift for someone else. I said I already had plans that day and I was busy, but he started being rude to me and implied that he might fire me if I don't obey him. Guess what? He was fired because he threatened someone else the same way and was reported.