Misunderstood Words

I cannot help it! I seem to always put my foot in my mouth. I was joking about having time to read stuff online, I said " When I am rich I can stay at home, read and comment all day, " Then I added " HEY! I can dream!"at the end of this statement and it was taken as a personal attack! Yes to one friend who is disabled and stays at home. I don`t hurt peoples feeling on purpose, that has never been who I am. I am thinking I better just not speak, no commenting about how I wish I had more time. How about you, have you said something that people took ALL wrong?
People take things wrong all the time - it happens in here quite frequently.
I bet! sometimes things get heated in discussions so I just quietly walk away :)
Sometimes people do not have a sense of humor.
To bad cause I love being happy and laughing :)
@antonbunot (9548)
• Calgary, Alberta
I think I did many times . . One day I said (a compliment) "You are so beautiful" to a co-worker. It did not sit well to her. According to her I lied . . because her husband never told her she's beautiful.
That is just sad!
@jobelbojel (7559)
I was misunderstood sometimes. I planned not to speak about what my friends don't want to hear or read online.
LOL, I wanna hear!
Not yet, but if I trot out my bizarre sense of humor, you never know.
I reckon I have a weird sense of humor? Maybe.
Oh yes, I have done the foot-in-the-mouth thing many times. I think that the majority of humans have. So, it is average to say something that another may take offense to.
Especially online.
@UncleJoe (10622)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Yes, but mostly from people who are looking for something to be offended about.
you may have a point!
Oh. =( I hate when things are taken the wrong way and things go badly because of it. I'm sorry.
Don`t be sorry! I can deal with it.
I guess some people misinterpret things but I probably just would have laughed and said "me too"
And that was how it was meant.
@yukimori (9072)
Sounds like the friend has a bit of a complex regarding their disability and the fact that they stay at home because of it. I don't think most people would take that any way other than the one you meant it... wishful thinking. There's one person I work with who constantly takes the things I say wrong and out of context. I just don't talk to him about anything that's not related to work... it's too much of a headache to deal with the constant explanations.
I think I just need to pick who I know I can joke with and who I know I cant and stick to that too.