Life

Good Evening everyone. Has anyone felt like they were just a failure at everything? Today was one of those days. I'm getting ready to be 30 in a few short months and I just feel like I fail at everything. I'm not sure what I want to really totally do. I'm not sure what my purpose is in the world. All I know is that I want to help. But figuring out what and how to do it is the problem. What age did you figure out what your purpose is? Have you figured it out?
My purpose is to serve God and help others by loving them & offering a listening ear when they need it. I have just recently surrendered my entire life to the Lord and I have never felt so at peace in my life! I truly trust Jesus with all my heart now. =) I hope you find your purpose, remembern no one is a failure. Some choices we make are just better than other choices.
I'm learning to trust God. It has been really hard. When something bad happens, I used to blame the devil. But lately I have been so negative. Been wondering why God lets certain things happen. But I have to give my heart all to God and stop questioning him.
@angtobeheard If everything was always good and we never had any hardships we would never be humble people. We would never have compassion for others who go through similar things. We would never help anyone because we wouldn't know what it is to struggle. That is why God allows certain things to happen to us. To make us better people. =)
@zarlamain (24889)
You are not alone. When I reached 30, I was absolutely sure that I was a failure and lacked achievements. I had really low self-esteem and was always too critical of myself. I questioned why I lived and what I was good at. I stared at the mirror, just smirked at myself, and asked myself what I can contribute to the world. I was already working at a nice company then and had a degree from a private college under my belt, rented an apartment and made okay money yet I wasn't being appreciative. I started being more appreciative of myself and what I had when people around me encouraged me and boosted my self-esteem. Sometimes, you just need someone's kind words to get out of a slump. You can do it! You are not a failure! Be strong!
Yes I am going to try to be strong. Thank you for that.
@Talknpen (1822)
Hi Angela. In my opinion, you are not failing at everything; you are succeeding at trying to see what fits your life.
Thank you. I'm trying. After writing this the other day. I let alittle positivity seep in. I think being able to write my feelings out is really awesome. I am really enjoying mylot.
@Talknpen (1822)
@angtobeheard Just express your thoughts and watch how someone can relate. I am glad that you are enjoying yourself here.
Hi Angela, i'm sorry you are feeling this way. I'm 38 now and i still haven't figured out what my real purpose is. I just go with the flow each time. but i don't see myself as a failure. I see myself as a growing person. Everyday is a challenge for me and I keep on learning.
Yes when I think about it. I def do see that I have some growth and I have learned a lot. Thank you.
@angtobeheard YOu're welcome.
30 is the perfect age. You know yourself but you also are still learning about the world. You are not a failure at anything so just stop thinking that. You just need to be ready to be organized when you redeem your birthdays. Not it.
Yes I do need to get organized. I think that is why I am all over the place. I still have about 6 months left until I turn 30 so hopefully I can get it together by then.
@akalinus (19807)
Your life is just beginning. You have the whole future ahead of you. It is easy to feel like a failure but I bet you are not. Try different things, meet people, stay on the straight and narrow. It will come to you and you will know what you were meant to do.
I do need to get out more. Ever since I had my son, I have been a housebody. I definitely cant find a husband like that.
@ricki_911 (19749)
• Toronto, Ontario
I think we all at one point think this. Most times its because of how society thinks we should. For example everyone thinks me being 27 should be married and have kids at least. Well that wont be happening so I get reminded repeatedly.
@mavlana (1028)
I think we are here for ourselves..not for any particular purpose..life is so beautiful..why to limit it to few things??