My First Busted Jar

Last year I gave into my fear of a pressure canner, I bought one and began to can my own foods. Yes I am that lady blocking the aisle in the grocery section talking to myself reading those labels saying what the F is kfhkdjhfyiroiiwuieoofkjc? When it should just say poison from Monsanto. Its hard to not think about going and buying soup and chili with coupons but I am learning to make a huge pot of soups etc. and home can them for later. I have canned so much since I got this home canner and I have always had good results. I had heard about busted jars in my Facebook group but till last night I had not experienced this. But when I opened the cooled down canner I noticed one sitting weird, I left it for last to remove and yep! the bottom was completely broken off. I have to say it was late so I left that mess for today. I am lazy today because its still waiting :( Do you can your own food? have you ever had a busted jar?
@amnabas (9937)
• Karachi, Pakistan
No I never canned. We do it only when we need to use for travel purposes.
Hmm, not sure if we are on the same page. I grow food, put it in a jar and that`s called home canning.
@zarlamain (24531)
My mother cans some food, but I don't really do it.
I am really getting into it now.
@zarlamain (24531)
@andriaperry It seems addicting!
@jobelbojel (6818)
Uh oh. Is that bad? Hope the others are okay. I don't can my own food. I don't know how.
you eat a lot of fresh foods, right? Monsanto is not a good company!
@andriaperry Yes, fresh veggies and fruits.
@rusty2rusty (6767)
• Defiance, Ohio
I do can foods. I have not busted a jar yet. I learning to use my pressure canner. I always canned with water baths before.
Me too, but I had read in the canning groups that it happens. A first for everything.
I've never canned anything, but I seem to remember my grandma doing it.
That is what is coming back, because of all the food killing us. growing and canning your own food, my dream life :)
I have never canned our own food. As a matter of fact, neither did my mother. If she had, I probably would have followed suit.
I dont recall my mother doing it either, my dad taught me how to make hot peppers in vinegar, home canned. Then Tony`s mother showed me how to make a lot of stuff.