Keep an eye out for the Bikers!

Rochester, New York
My brother Steve rides his bike when the weather is nice. I have always worried about him because there are some drivers who don't keep an eye out for those riding the bikes. He was almost in an accident last year when someone almost side swiped him as they were pulling into his lane. Luckily there was no one in the other lane so he moved over, but if there was then it wouldn't have been pretty I'm sure.
There are no fenders on a bike so the biker would have been hut bad.
• Rochester, New York
I know and it worries me every time he goes out on his bike, especially at night.
We have a greenbelt here so it is nice for bikers. We also have bike lane on most trafficked areas.
• Rochester, New York
A green belt for bikers? I've never heard of that.
@LisaSteinmetz ....It's not just for bikers. It's for walkers and kds alike. It's a nice area.
I love riding my bicycle but not on a busy street. It's either the trail or when i'm on my road bike we use the high way but the highway has bike lanes. When I'm in my hometown I also hit the road but not too many cars and they respect the bicycles.
• Rochester, New York
I see a few folks riding their bikes to work at the mall. We have bike racks everywhere. Usually those on bicycles ride on the side walk or the edge of the lane. I have yet to see an accident with a person on a bicycle.
@LisaSteinmetz WE have bike racks here too but I can't leave my bike there. I'm afraid some parts might be stolen. just my wheel set alone costs more than $2,000. I would cry if somebody would steal that.
@apickett (123)
My husband and I used to own a motorcycle and I was so afraid to ride on it. Not due to his driving but due to everyone else. You just never know when someone will be texting and driving or taking a bite of food, fixing their hair or make up, anything! People just do not pay attention and I know that keeps you worried.
• Rochester, New York
I know that's what worries me. I've seen quite a few folks texting and driving as of late.
@xiaolisu (1086)
• Shenyang, China
so much people go to work by bike .in my eye they are heros .
• Rochester, New York
It helps to keep the air clean that's for sure!
Bikers do make me nervous when I am driving. If one accidentally falls from a bike into the path of a car is what comes to mind when I see one. I stay far away from the bikers.
• Rochester, New York
Same here. I give them plenty of space so there will be no accidents.
@carebear29 (23861)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
Amen to that